Poor Support from Corsair (Rant)

Soldato
I own a fair few Corsair Products, a Sabre, Strafe and Void Pro Wireless headset among others.

The mouse and keyboard I've had for a while and all have been working no problem. Recently I bought the Void Pro wireless headset and had to update my cue software for compatibility. Since then, the mouse key bindings do not work in any games, but work fine on the desktop and desktop applications.

I raised a ticket with Corsair Support first thing in January, but since then the support team has been pretty much useless, getting me to run over basic resets (which I had already tried) and then asking the same questions over and over again. It's been over 6 weeks and we're no further than when I first raised the ticket. If I roll back to a previous version of Cue, I can't use my headset, so I can't win either way.

I've now got an expensive mouse that is no better for what I bough it for than a bargain basement mouse and no support from the vendor.

/Rant.

Associate
I own a fair few Corsair Products, a Sabre, Strafe and Void Pro Wireless headset among others.

The mouse and keyboard I've had for a while and all have been working no problem. Recently I bought the Void Pro wireless headset and had to update my cue software for compatibility. Since then, the mouse key bindings do not work in any games, but work fine on the desktop and desktop applications.

I raised a ticket with Corsair Support first thing in January, but since then the support team has been pretty much useless, getting me to run over basic resets (which I had already tried) and then asking the same questions over and over again. It's been over 6 weeks and we're no further than when I first raised the ticket. If I roll back to a previous version of Cue, I can't use my headset, so I can't win either way.

I've now got an expensive mouse that is no better for what I bough it for than a bargain basement mouse and no support from the vendor.

/Rant.

That is a weird issue since the Sabre is still compatible with CUE. Since I don't have access to the ticket system myself, can you PM me your ticket number so I can check with our Technical Support staff to see what was already discussed. In the mean time I'll have you try a couple things out beyond the basic resets.

1) Create a new profile, and create a remap of "A" to the top button
2) Turn on advanced mode in CUE, select the Actions Tab, then Advanced rebind options (hammer and wrench on right), and make sure "Retain original key output" is checked
3) You might have already been suggested this, but try going into Windows Program and Features, and perform a repair on CUE

Also, can you let me know what version you have installed for CUE, and the firmware version for the mouse.

Soldato
OP
That is a weird issue since the Sabre is still compatible with CUE. Since I don't have access to the ticket system myself, can you PM me your ticket number so I can check with our Technical Support staff to see what was already discussed. In the mean time I'll have you try a couple things out beyond the basic resets.

1) Create a new profile, and create a remap of "A" to the top button
2) Turn on advanced mode in CUE, select the Actions Tab, then Advanced rebind options (hammer and wrench on right), and make sure "Retain original key output" is checked
3) You might have already been suggested this, but try going into Windows Program and Features, and perform a repair on CUE

Also, can you let me know what version you have installed for CUE, and the firmware version for the mouse.
Already tried this, works fine in desktop but when going into a full screen it stops, with advanced mode on for some reason Lighting effects drop out too on my keyboard,headset stand, headset as well as the mouse.

Ticket Number is: 666036

Also tried repair and reinstall and no different.

Software Version 2.21.67, Firmware 2.04 on the mouse

Last edited:
Soldato
I have had to have a few corsair products rma'd never had an issue with there support before.
I have just received a sabre back actually today and it works fine.

Corsair RMA is generally quick, painless and relatively pleasant.

Their technical support is consistently the worst I have ever received; broken English that's sometimes hard to interpret, copy paste basic responses that don't even apply to your issues, no real working knowledge of the product and a shrugged shoulders attitude. It's utterly, utterly terrible. They claim they've never heard of I ssues that have a multitude of threads and pages on their own forums, most of which even have input from corsair themselves.

The reps do a good job but they're fire fighting; Corsair tech support is a car crash.

Hope you get it sorted OP, but I would wager money you'll be sorting the problem yourself.

Soldato
OP
Corsair RMA is generally quick, painless and relatively pleasant.

Their technical support is consistently the worst I have ever received; broken English that's sometimes hard to interpret, copy paste basic responses that don't even apply to your issues, no real working knowledge of the product and a shrugged shoulders attitude. It's utterly, utterly terrible. They claim they've never heard of I ssues that have a multitude of threads and pages on their own forums, most of which even have input from corsair themselves.

The reps do a good job but they're fire fighting; Corsair tech support is a car crash.

Hope you get it sorted OP, but I would wager money you'll be sorting the problem yourself.

Agreed, I’ve had an RMA before which was flawless. This has been exactly as you summarised. Latest email was asking me to video what I’ve explained multiple times... takes them days to come back with the same response as before.

I may just rma as defective...

Soldato
Agreed, I’ve had an RMA before which was flawless. This has been exactly as you summarised. Latest email was asking me to video what I’ve explained multiple times... takes them days to come back with the same response as before.

I may just rma as defective...

It's painful isn't it? I don't expect people to have an instant response to every issue, or know every aspect of every product, but their response speed and general knowledge is embarrassing.

As you say they just seem to completely ignore or misinterpret what you're telling them, like they don't understand or don't care.

They never fixed known issues on LINK and the Commmander Mini that were very well known for many years. In the end they ditched the product line and released new hardware even though the issues were INTRODUCED by software updates.

Took them forever to fix issues on CUE and keyboards, and even now the CUE software is a battle for some people to get running properly.

It's a shame as I tend to find the quality of the hardware very good, let down by poor sub-contracted software and a complete lack of commitment to good technical support.

Anyway sorry for rant fella, I'm with you, I'd RMA it. Would you consider trying for a refund and going elsewhere?

Soldato
OP
It's painful isn't it? I don't expect people to have an instant response to every issue, or know every aspect of every product, but their response speed and general knowledge is embarrassing.

As you say they just seem to completely ignore or misinterpret what you're telling them, like they don't understand or don't care.

They never fixed known issues on LINK and the Commmander Mini that were very well known for many years. In the end they ditched the product line and released new hardware even though the issues were INTRODUCED by software updates.

Took them forever to fix issues on CUE and keyboards, and even now the CUE software is a battle for some people to get running properly.

It's a shame as I tend to find the quality of the hardware very good, let down by poor sub-contracted software and a complete lack of commitment to good technical support.

Anyway sorry for rant fella, I'm with you, I'd RMA it. Would you consider trying for a refund and going elsewhere?

I think I will rma or refund. They have asked me to video the process which I will to satisfy their procedures.

But if it’s software I fear it will take ages to push a fix in retail software and it’s nearly been 60 days since this was raised and no progress has been made.

Soldato
I think I will rma or refund. They have asked me to video the process which I will to satisfy their procedures.

But if it’s software I fear it will take ages to push a fix in retail software and it’s nearly been 60 days since this was raised and no progress has been made.

It might be a while; I raised two software issues over a year ago, that were at least 6 months old at the time.

Ticket's still open :D

Soldato
About to hit the 2 Month mark and no progress still. Never seen customer support this poor, even more so on premium products.

That's what's mind boggling! It's not exactly bargain basement gear. I've spent hundreds on corsair stuff, and support is universally awful.

I spent £25 on a lifetime software package with Glasswire and support was excellent. There's no excuse.

I'd be interested to see if a Corsair rep does actually weigh in on this thread. If I'm honest I have my doubts.

Soldato
OP
That's what's mind boggling! It's not exactly bargain basement gear. I've spent hundreds on corsair stuff, and support is universally awful.

I spent £25 on a lifetime software package with Glasswire and support was excellent. There's no excuse.

I'd be interested to see if a Corsair rep does actually weigh in on this thread. If I'm honest I have my doubts.

They did but have now gone quiet too.

Associate
@kitkat9933 I was able to review the comments in your ticket with one of the other Technical Support Agents. From all the troubleshooting that was discussed, it seems as though PUBG could be the issue since you mentioned it was only seen when playing that specific game title. If this was a hardware issue, the buttons wouldn't work in any form or fashion with or without software.

What I would recommend is exporting all your profiles from CUE (listed under the hamburger sign in CUE next to your profiles), then delete them, and create a simple one key remap to one of the actions in the game. This should eliminate the possibility of one of your profiles being problematic and identify if the game is causing an issue.

Soldato
@kitkat9933 I was able to review the comments in your ticket with one of the other Technical Support Agents. From all the troubleshooting that was discussed, it seems as though PUBG could be the issue since you mentioned it was only seen when playing that specific game title. If this was a hardware issue, the buttons wouldn't work in any form or fashion with or without software.

What I would recommend is exporting all your profiles from CUE (listed under the hamburger sign in CUE next to your profiles), then delete them, and create a simple one key remap to one of the actions in the game. This should eliminate the possibility of one of your profiles being problematic and identify if the game is causing an issue.

Nice to a member of Corsair committed to supporting customers, good on you Nick.

Back
Top Bottom