Poor WiFi on TP Link AV 600 power line adapter

Associate
Looking for some advice...
My AV 600 wifi power line adapter is only delivering 0.06mb over wifi but 14mb if connected using an Ethernet cable.
Is this normal.
I wanted to run a WiFi camera from it in the garage as a security device but can't due to the shockingly low WiFi speed.
Any suggestions?

Soldato
14Mbps is low for AV 600 adapters (unless that's a broadband speed limitation).

0.06Mbps is basically stopped. They're either broken or there's something wrong with your configuration or testing methodology.

Associate
OP
14Mbps is low for AV 600 adapters (unless that's a broadband speed limitation).

0.06Mbps is basically stopped. They're either broken or there's something wrong with your configuration or testing methodology.
I know but it's in the garage and going through another consumer unit so not too bothered, I can live with 14mb but can't understand why WiFi is so slow.

Soldato
Are you sure it's picking up the wireless from the adapter and not connecting to your main router's wireless?

If both wireless networks are using the same SSID reconfigure them to have different names so you can be sure.

Associate
OP
Are you sure it's picking up the wireless from the adapter and not connecting to your main router's wireless?

If both wireless networks are using the same SSID reconfigure them to have different names so you can be sure.
I thought connected devices should be picking up the strongest signal?
It will be the same SSID as I set it up using the WPS button.

Soldato
Well, something is obviously wrong.

Temporarily disable the wireless on the primary router and see if you can still get a signal via the Powerline adapter's wireless.

Associate
OP
Seems to be working now.
Operator error.
I didn't know I had to sign into the adapter using its own SSID.
I thought that as it was just an extension of my existing system it would just work with my stored details/pw for my SH3.

Thanks for the help.

Back
Top Bottom