Porcupine Tree - The Incident

Caporegime
I'm starting to get more and more into this album. There are some classic songs in there - The Blind House, Time Flies (sounds like Floyd's 'Dogs' but so what?), the aggressive The Incident and Circle of Manias and then the masterpiece I Drive the Hearse, truly remarkable.

The special edition tracks Bonnie The Cat and Black Dahlia are also excellent and the whole affair is then rounded off with wonderful live versions of Way Out of Here and What Happens Now?

They needed something really special to follow Fear of a Blank Planet. I think they've done it.

Soldato
I think they haven't 'done it' personally.

It's all a bit middle of the road and for lack of a better word 'meh' to me. I put on Signify the other day and that just blows it out of the water. As does FOABP and pretty much all of the others.

First of their albums i've been disappointed by and that includes Voyage 34.

Caporegime
Holy mother of sweet Zeus they were outstanding.

Played the ENTIRETY of The Incident, then another hour of various other tracks, with this and NIN this year I have been truly spoilt with great gigs.

Soldato
After the absolute stonker that was Fear of a Blank Planet I'm rather dissapointed by The Incident so far really. I've listened to it through in its entirety several times but it's completely failed to grab me.

Back
Top Bottom