Porsche Owners Thread - If you own one or just like or hate them! :)

RSR

RSR

Soldato
Got told yesterday I had a GTS slot for June. Got told today that Porsche aren't building any 911's from May-Sep at all due to some legislatively changes for petrol engines - is this true?

Correct, the factory is closing down between April and September. Also the PTS window has also now closed. :(

I know of a March build slot on the GTS if you are interested.

I'm going to see if I can find some dates on the Thursday as I have a appointment with the sales chap to go over my spec and eta and put my deposit down.

RSR

RSR

Soldato
I collected my CGTS today after it had its warranty work carried and took the 911 back, which I was quiet sad to hand it back.

These are the costs of the car at the 3 year mark, which excludes servicing:

£216.00 - 111 - Point Check
£1190.00 - 2 Year Approved Warranty
£275.00 - Porsche Assistance (Breakdown)
£54.85 - MOT
£1026.93 - 4 x Michelin PS4S (N0)

Total: £2762.78

I'm quiet please really as the car its self has been pretty cheap to run while still retaining a lot of equity which is pleasantly surprising. The tyres has totally transformed the car now, its no longer a handful and/or dangerous in the wet, so ill give them a good test over the weekend. The car ride quietly has also been pleasantly improved as before it was very noises on the motorways and very crashy in places. The most notable thing is on full lock the car no longer hops like most Cayman's / Boxster's / 911's do due to the ackermann effect.

I have also confirmed my order for the 911 GTS (RWD) with the dealer today but its going to be a long wait due to the factory shutdown and also requesting the car in a PTS color.

So the spec of my car is http://www.porsche-code.com/PJ236RZ3

However, this doesn't take into account the PTS Colour (Mexico Blue), Custom painted Wheels (Platinum Satin) and ITS (Blue stitching)

I'm looking forward to my PEC day now, which should be confirmed in the next few weeks.

I will also update the thread on my thoughts on the 911 but in shortly i've been very impressed with it.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Got stuck behind a 15 plate Turbo S this evening. Porsche really hit the nail on the head with that car, the more I looked the more attention to detail I noticed. Truly stunning machine.

RSR

RSR

Soldato
Got stuck behind a 15 plate Turbo S this evening. Porsche really hit the nail on the head with that car, the more I looked the more attention to detail I noticed. Truly stunning machine.

They are truly savage to drive when you have everything primed, as I was let loose in one not so long ago. How people don't loose their licences in those machines is beyond me.

Soldato
I collected my CGTS today after it had its warranty work carried and took the 911 back, which I was quiet sad to hand it back.

These are the costs of the car at the 3 year mark, which excludes servicing:

£216.00 - 111 - Point Check
£1190.00 - 2 Year Approved Warranty
£275.00 - Porsche Assistance (Breakdown)
£54.85 - MOT
£1026.93 - 4 x Michelin PS4S (N0)

Total: £2762.78

I'm quiet please really as the car its self has been pretty cheap to run while still retaining a lot of equity which is pleasantly surprising. The tyres has totally transformed the car now, its no longer a handful and/or dangerous in the wet, so ill give them a good test over the weekend. The car ride quietly has also been pleasantly improved as before it was very noises on the motorways and very crashy in places. The most notable thing is on full lock the car no longer hops like most Cayman's / Boxster's / 911's do due to the ackermann effect.

I have also confirmed my order for the 911 GTS (RWD) with the dealer today but its going to be a long wait due to the factory shutdown and also requesting the car in a PTS color.

So the spec of my car is http://www.porsche-code.com/PJ236RZ3

Nice... very nice. Well, you'd hope so for 130k :-0

Caporegime
Gents,

Currently looking at 981 Cayman s and boxster s' s. Every single Porsche approved model I've seen has pzeros on. Is this common across the range? I've found them to be woeful tyres in the pay and I'm trying to work out if I should budget for replacements off the bat.

OcUK Staff
OP
Gents,

Currently looking at 981 Cayman s and boxster s' s. Every single Porsche approved model I've seen has pzeros on. Is this common across the range? I've found them to be woeful tyres in the pay and I'm trying to work out if I should budget for replacements off the bat.

Quite common yes, fortunately they are such balanced cars the Pzero is not a huge issues, enjoy it and when they need replacing just throw on Michelins.

RSR

RSR

Soldato
Gents,

Yes, they all came with P-Zero's or if you where luckily Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2, no other tires where N rated at the time.

I've just had 4 new PS4S fitted from the OPC for £1026, so that's quiet reasonable IMO.

RSR

RSR

Soldato
Anyone seen the info on PH about porsche no longer making diesels? (about time imo to get the smelly things off the road).

I've been told this is one of the reasons why the main factory is on shut down till September as well they are re-tooling for the 2019 Mission E launch.

On a side note, I was impressed with the Diesel Macan I had for the week.

Back
Top Bottom