Portable Bluetooth receivers

Soldato
Now I have a P20 Pro I've lost the 3.5mm jack and frankly the supplied USB-C dongle is flimsy to the point of I'm scared it's going to break.

Normally I'd grab my Fiio and have done with it, but there times when the extra device is not convinient to carry.

So I've been looking at the Bluetooth receivers, namely the Mpow which gets good reviews. However I've come across the EarStudio which claims to offer 24bit streams. It also has 2.5mm balanced output which is a plus as I run 2.5mm cables and usually an adapter to 3.5mm.

Tl;Dr - Anyone used the EarStudio, is it worth the money or is there anything better.

Soldato
OP
Thought I'd come back to this. Got the EarStudio ES100 just over a month ago now and have been using it mainly with my Brainwavz B400 on the 2.5mm balanced output.

I originally asked if it was worth the money, I'd say yes. I've never experienced good bluetooth audio before, it always sounded compressed. And those cheap little receivers they always struggled for Bluetooth strength or buffered etc.

They added LDAC support last month which I've been using from my P20 Pro (just because) and it sounds good and performs well with no buffering etc. Battery life is also very good. Plenty of support from Radsone with regular firmware updates.

I'm actually considering selling my Q1ii and X1ii combo, because they're just not getting the use.

Associate
I would like to hear the difference of the mpow and that receiver, not experienced much difference in the newer bluetooths sounds personally but would be interested to know

Back
Top Bottom