Portugal Holiday

Man of Honour
Although the Algarve is mild (16/17C) you won’t be doing the beach much. If you want sightseeing then go to Lisbon. It can get rainy and it’s a little a little cooler than the Algarve. I’m not sure whether you would find enough things to do for a week in Lisbon. I hear that Porto is interesting but then only for a short break. The Canaries will be better for some winter sun.

This place will give you a view of the weather:

http://www.holiday-weather.com/algarve/index.html

Soldato
my parents live in lagos on the Algarve..... you wont be on the beach in jan/feb! and you will be board! the place slows down over the winter, ie my local aiport and others nearby stop flying from Nov - Feb :)

you will need to go further for sun in Jan/Feb - outside Europe.

hang on till April/May and you will get an early tan.

Soldato
don't go to Portugal it is full of munters

go to Spain - good weather, good at football, good at tennis and even the ugly women are good looking

In contrast Portugal when I went was full of ugly women, weird food and even the "hot" women were ugly..

Soldato
My GF's brother lives in the Algarve (Burghau) and says it rains a lot then. He moves to Morocco for the winter as he hates is so much and goes back in March. He lives in a Russian Military Truck. :D

Soldato
OP
I have quite a narrow window to go because a friend of ours is going to work over there for 6 months from November, so the holiday has to be around the midway point. I will find out exactly when she is coming back and see if I can push it to late March or early April.

Man of Honour
lol summer of 2009

3 days in Lisbon - probably saw 3 hot women

10 days in Spain within 1 hour saw 30 hot women

</end>

Ah a typical Brit on holiday then. Only interested in seeing hot women and drinking. Says it all really, so we won’t come to you for holiday tips. :p:D

Back
Top Bottom