• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

possibility of saving a short circuited 1080ti

Associate
Pretty sure I shorted my Zotac 1080ti amp extreme, the lights and fans still work etc but is no longer displaying outputs or is detected by the PC - if taken to a professional is there a good chance it can be recovered?

Soldato
Depends what is damaged on the card, could be just a fuse, resistor, something simple or could be something serious.
The only way to know is for someone to check it.

Associate
OP
Well I plugged in a new WiFi chip and now I'm having all sorts of problems, sometimes my m.2 won't be recognised on bootup, and sometimes the WiFi chip works and sometimes it doesn't? Problem could lie with my PSU?

Soldato
Wifi chip you mean an USB?
Maybe the motherboard is the issue, maybe you damaged an USB port?
It is hard to guess without checking the PC, could be so many things.

Associate
Pretty sure I shorted my Zotac 1080ti amp extreme, the lights and fans still work etc but is no longer displaying outputs or is detected by the PC - if taken to a professional is there a good chance it can be recovered?
Good luck. I enquired about a water damaged 290 was quoted £300 repaired or not. This was from amd authorised repairer.

Back
Top Bottom