Possible Scam, Advice Needed: dresses-outllet.co.uk

Soldato
Well, I did what any other concerned consumer would do in this situation.

This is the outcome; it seems that they do not understand the concept of scamming. Or WoW.

chat1.jpg

chat2.jpg

Associate
My daughter ordered a dress which did arrive but was 2 months late, not what she ordered.

There are too many e-mails to refer to but theswe are the key bits:

This is almost certainly a scam website set up to harvest the prom season.
It looks like they are taking orders and money, giving answers to queries with delaying tactics. As soon as the peak season is over the website will fold and they will disappear completely.
After much delay they agreed to accept the return.
At our cost the dress was sent to the Unit 10 in Portsmouth, but returned to sender.
It is local to us and today I went to the Unit where the Manager said he had no knowledge of the Company and was returning all dresses sent to them.
The Park Royal address was visited by one of our staff today and has no knowledge of them, it is a postbox operation.
They seem to [cleverly] keep the delaying process going past the 45 day PayPal limit.
DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY.
We have had 11 promises of refunds - always 'within
the next 48 hours' - 'needs Manager Approval'

Report to PayPal as a fraud if that is how you paid, not as a dispute to the Resolution Centre.

This is VERY IMPORTANT as if they get enough complaints they will refund regardless of the 45 day limit.

Ditto Credit Card.

REPORT to reportfraud.actionfraud.police.uk/FraudReport - again, if they get enough reports they will action and have links with Chinese Police who are under pressure from genuine Chinese Online traders to take action as their businesses are now suffering as consumers are shying away from the Chinese market because of the growing number of bad news stories.

Thanks, my sister bought a dress from them and it arrived far too late. She had to get another before the one from them arrived. It seems impossible to get them to take it back :(

Soldato
They seem to own a few domains maybe try contacting some of these

bagsoutlet.co.uk
bestchinatourservices.co.uk
bestchinatravelservices.co.uk
chinacustomizetour.co.uk
chinatourpackages.co.uk
chinatourservices.co.uk
chinatravelagency.co.uk
chinatravelservices.co.uk
customizechinaguide.co.uk
dresses-outlet.co.uk
dressesofwedding.co.uk
geginoboots.co.uk
lacewigsoutlet.co.uk
reliablechinatours.co.uk
specialchinatravel.co.uk
tourtochina.co.uk
tourtochinaguide.co.uk
travelagencychina.co.uk
traveltochinaguide.co.uk
u66australia.co.uk
uniquechinatravel.co.uk
valuablechinatravel.co.uk
wonderfulchinatravel.co.uk

Soldato
I'd have been very weary when I saw they spelt 'colour' as 'color'. The live chat thing also looks very dodgy and is something you see a lot on Chinese sites.

Associate
Definite dodgy site

Right this dresses website is also the warehouse address for http://www.delllaptopbattery.co.uk/ which is selling counterfeit batteries as i am in the battery business and it is very clear to me. So on that basis I certainly wouldn't trust it for anything. Furthermore it is also illegally using the London2012 Olympic logo which needs to be reported the link just links back to itself.

Soldato
These scamming sites very quickly get their credit card payment systems shut down. So any website which doesn't let you buy stuff using a credit card should be approached very carefully.

Soldato
There are loads of companies like this. My missus fell for it despite me warning her repeatedly and it took her a while to get her money back, they tried clearing her bank account at one point :p

Back
Top Bottom