Possible Scam, Advice Needed: dresses-outllet.co.uk

Associate
Hey all,

My mum has ordered a prom (not for me before you lot start :D) dress from www.dresses-outlet.co.uk.

The dress was ordered and upon returning home from Uni my mum mentioned that the dress has not showed up and cannot contact the company, so I tried to see what I could do.

Telephone Number: 01415 504 3406
This number belongs to a residence who claims she is constantly contacted regarding related issues.

Headquarters Address
Edresses Global UK Co., Ltd
7/11 Minerva Road
Park Royal, London NW10 6HJ
United Kingdom

After contacting telephone directories, apparently this business does not exist at that address.

Warehouse Address:

Unit 10 Explorer Voyager Park, Portfield Road
Portsmouth, PO3 5FL
United Kingdom

After contacting telephone directories, apparently this address does not exist, the units only go up to Unit 10

I was wondering if anyone here knew anything about them at all.
A dispute has been filled with Paypal for the money.
Is there anything else we can do?

Thanks
Evoss

Last edited:
Soldato
Looks like a scam yeah. It's in China. The number is a US number +1-415-504-3406 and an associated site was shut down by Deckers for selling fake Uggs.

Edit: Also dresses-outlet.co.uk website was set up last month and Facebook page has other complaints. If you Google the phone number it brings up many scammy looking sites.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Last edited:
Soldato
I don't know how much help this is, but there's a name at least, should you fancy a flight to China.

edresses.png

Their UK company was incorporated on 8th Nov 2011, so not been going long.

Soldato

Warehouse Address:

Unit 10 Explorer Voyager Park, Portfield Road
Portsmouth, PO3 5FL
United Kingdom

After contacting telephone directories, apparently this address does not exist, the units only go up to Unit 10

Unit's only go up to 10....but it is number 10!

Here is the unit - The correct address is actually Explorer Unit 10, Voyager Park. Here it is on Google Maps:

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=PO3...=9siCPsSEcQlWgx-4CH9HJQ&cbp=12,19.23,,0,-5.27

LOL: Going to http://www.dresses-outlet.co.uk/return-refund-dispute/ brings up a big fat Page Not Found!!

Also, did they rip off this site: http://www.dressesofwedding.com/ or are they one and the same??

Last edited:
Soldato
Domain name:
dresses-outlet.co.uk

Registrant:
zhangtao

Registrant type:
Non-UK Corporation

Registrant's address:
huang yang lu fei cui gu
hefei
anhui
China

Registrar:
eNom, Inc. [Tag = ENOM]
URL: http://www.enom.com

Relevant dates:
Registered on: 06-Mar-2012
Renewal date: 06-Mar-2014
Last updated: 27-Mar-2012

Registration status:
Registered until renewal date.

Name servers:
dawn.ns.cloudflare.com
theo.ns.cloudflare.com

draw your own conclusions, definitely not a UK business

Associate
They are also called: dressesonlinesale.co.uk with the same addresses

I have ordered a dress on the 8th March and when I speak to them on live chat all they keep saying is they will contact their factory - after doing a bit of digging I have found this out about the company:

This company was registered on 11th July 2011
Renewal Date: 11th July 2013
Last Updated: 12th April 2012
Registrant type: Non-UK individual
Registrant's address: the registrant is a non-trading individual who has opted to have their address omitted from the WHOIS service
Registrar: eNom,Inc

Not sure if this information is important but they certainly don't seem to be providing anyone if their dresses - see comments on their facebook.

I am trying to get my money back.

Hope you all do to. x

Associate
edresses definite scam

My daughter ordered a dress which did arrive but was 2 months late, not what she ordered.

There are too many e-mails to refer to but theswe are the key bits:

This is almost certainly a scam website set up to harvest the prom season.
It looks like they are taking orders and money, giving answers to queries with delaying tactics. As soon as the peak season is over the website will fold and they will disappear completely.
After much delay they agreed to accept the return.
At our cost the dress was sent to the Unit 10 in Portsmouth, but returned to sender.
It is local to us and today I went to the Unit where the Manager said he had no knowledge of the Company and was returning all dresses sent to them.
The Park Royal address was visited by one of our staff today and has no knowledge of them, it is a postbox operation.
They seem to [cleverly] keep the delaying process going past the 45 day PayPal limit.
DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY.
We have had 11 promises of refunds - always 'within
the next 48 hours' - 'needs Manager Approval'

Report to PayPal as a fraud if that is how you paid, not as a dispute to the Resolution Centre.

This is VERY IMPORTANT as if they get enough complaints they will refund regardless of the 45 day limit.

Ditto Credit Card.

REPORT to reportfraud.actionfraud.police.uk/FraudReport - again, if they get enough reports they will action and have links with Chinese Police who are under pressure from genuine Chinese Online traders to take action as their businesses are now suffering as consumers are shying away from the Chinese market because of the growing number of bad news stories.

Soldato
Hi darkcookie and ducati10oods. Thanks for signing up to the forum to warn others about these scammers. You may want to head over to scamwarners and post your story there too. If a potential victim get suspicious then searches the domain name on google this thread and the scamwarners site should show up :)

The model of sending out customer orders before doing a runner is surprisingly common. For fake electronic stores they usually send out broken gear then blame it on the courier. For stuff like dresses it's usually just nothing like what was ordered. They're all just delaying tactics to keep the scam going for as long as possible. You may wish to contact the company hosting the site as they can sometimes be quite forthcoming with removing scam sites.

Good luck getting your money back.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom