Post in this thread who you’d like to get banned

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
It's not, it's the way you're supposed to do it :D

Unless I turn away from the line with coffee and toast, and see a sea of vacuous faces, sitting
at foodless tables, while their serfs are lining up behind me to get their breakfasts for them.

I always do that as I want my kids controlled and out of the way while I go and get food for them, rather than them grabbing and spilling everything.

Is that frowned upon then? Had no idea that was considered a faux Pas.

It’s a classic selfish faux-pas as far as I’m concerned, unless
the establishment has a dozen guests, and a gazillion tables.

Man of Honour
It's an extraction thing. Tea leaves need close-to-boiling water to make a proper brew. "Milk first" cools the hot water before it's done the business. Disgraceful.

Thanks Yadda, makes sense I guess, as I said in post # 87, I don’t drink it.
I can remember being in a rented villa near Marbella, years ago, with a bunch of guys, one, “The Colonel”, was an avid tea drinker, and he asked me to boil some water for his next fix.
When it boiled, I turned to look for the teapot, looked in, saw tea leaves, then casually ambled back to the stove.
“HOLD UP! DON’T pour that in”, said The Colonel, “it’s gone off the boil, you have to pour it in as SOON as it boils.”
He never asked me again, I was barred from that job.

Man of Honour
A proper brew would come from a teapot using loose tea, teabag usage is the work of scoundrels, wastrels and
Labour voters

My wife uses tea bags, I’ve tried to wean her off tea, but you can take
the girl out of Peckham, but you can’t take Peckham out of the girl.
She’s always been borderline scoundrel, but wastrel, nah, and
she’d rather poke red hot needles in her eyes, than vote Labour.

Don
Lol.
I thought we weren't allowed to mention names when talking about places you could buy stuff cheaper.

I did always think it was silly.
You can’t for example link a processor or graphics card which is cheaper, as that’s a competitor. But if you wanted to speak about your brand new kitchen knives you bought from amazon. That’s fine

Permabanned
My wife uses tea bags, I’ve tried to wean her off tea, but you can take
the girl out of Peckham, but you can’t take Peckham out of the girl.
She’s always been borderline scoundrel, but wastrel, nah, and
she’d rather poke red hot needles in her eyes, than vote Labour.

Well, no one is perfect, wimmin eh? you cant get mad at them, they're almost one of the family.

Soldato
Thanks Yadda, makes sense I guess, as I said in post # 87, I don’t drink it.
I can remember being in a rented villa near Marbella, years ago, with a bunch of guys, one, “The Colonel”, was an avid tea drinker, and he asked me to boil some water for his next fix.
When it boiled, I turned to look for the teapot, looked in, saw tea leaves, then casually ambled back to the stove.
“HOLD UP! DON’T pour that in”, said The Colonel, “it’s gone off the boil, you have to pour it in as SOON as it boils.”
He never asked me again, I was barred from that job.

No problem, it's a fact that's easily overlooked.

I like the The Colonel already. Sounds like he knows his onions. :)

A proper brew would come from a teapot using loose tea, teabag usage is the work of scoundrels, wastrels and
Labour voters

I agree that loose-leaf is nicer but sometimes needs must and any brew is better than no brew, providing it's made properly.

And mixing politics and tea? How uncouth...

Soldato
You can’t for example link a processor or graphics card which is cheaper, as that’s a competitor. But if you wanted to speak about your brand new kitchen knives you bought from amazon. That’s fine

What if I talk about about my new CPU I bought from Amazon but don't link?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom