Post Your Chicken Strips

Soldato
getting your knee down doesn't mean your cranking the bike right over though and more than likely your not.
I have never in 35 years since I first got a road bike have I had my knee down.
yet many of my bikes I have had them right to the edge of the tyre so I know its well cranked over, its just I don't lean off the bike.
I find it very funny seeing guys do it on the road, because a lot of them look really silly from behind.
there right off the seat with there knee out , yet the bike is almost bolt upright lol, im sure we have all seen them lol.
I have found no need for it on the road and in not doing it, I am not any slower then if I did.

Last edited:
Caporegime
getting your knee down doesn't mean your cranking the bike right over though and more than likely your not.
I have never in 35 years since I first got a road bike have I had my knee down.
yet many of my bikes I have had them right to the edge of the tyre so I know its well cranked over, its just I don't lean off the bike.
I find it very funny seeing guys do it on the road, because a lot of them look really silly from behind.
there right off the seat with there knee out , yet the bike is almost bolt upright lol, im sure we have all seen them lol.
I have found no need for it on the road and in not doing it, I am not any slower then if I did.

Whilst I agree with the sentiment, there are reasons that you'd want to hang off the bike and keep the bike as upright as possible.

Soldato

Do you realise the entire point of hanging off the bike is to reduce the angle of lean as much as possible?

I agree there's usually no need on roads unless you are doing silly speeds.

Soldato
Dogbreath said:
Quote:

Originally Posted by ShakenNstirred

Do you realise the entire point of hanging off the bike is to reduce the angle of lean as much as possible?

I agree there's usually no need on roads unless you are doing silly speeds.
Yeah I know the reason I was just saying most I see doing it are going not that fast and are leaning off for no good reason other than they think they look good

Posted from Overclockers.co.uk App for Android

Soldato
Less than 100 miles on the Angel GT rear (and not really trying to go low):

Feels sooooo nice having a round tyre again, the bike feels great to ride.

Some improvement after my Wales trip, chicken strips: be gone!! :D

18983293995_6806810365_c.jpg

18983418625_19645bc86f_c.jpg

Soldato
4T5, you weren't on the A483 in Wales yesterday around 12-1pm were you?

I was going south and had stopped off for some lunch and a triumph trophy in exactly the same colour, ridden by an 'older' bloke with a bright yellow helmet on went past going north, followed by about 3/4 other bikes.

Associate
Mine are huge but I'm a newbie and when I tried to go round a roundabout a bit quicker than usual I felt my toes scrape the ground which made me touch cloth a little bit lol. Still I'm blaming the bike a wee bit, leaning was a bit easier on the Kawasaki.

JxoS0yTl.jpg
NWY7U2vl.jpg

Soldato
Mine are huge but I'm a newbie and when I tried to go round a roundabout a bit quicker than usual I felt my toes scrape the ground which made me touch cloth a little bit lol. Still I'm blaming the bike a wee bit, leaning was a bit easier on the Kawasaki.

ball of the foot on the pegs, not the instep, keeps your toes out the way.

new gt front

EDIT: anyone else with a Pirelli gt front tyre? the tread looks backwards to me,yet the markings are right

my conti's are like that

Last edited:

One

One

Soldato
EDIT: anyone else with a Pirelli gt front tyre? the tread looks backwards to me,yet the markings are right

The tread pattern is to do with braking performance/wear rather than water expulsion. Front tyre has the weight of the bike pushing it forwards when braking and when accelerating the back wheel has the engine pushing back on the tyre. This is why the patterns are usually revered for front and back wheels.

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
4T5, you weren't on the A483 in Wales yesterday around 12-1pm were you?

I was going south and had stopped off for some lunch and a triumph trophy in exactly the same colour, ridden by an 'older' bloke with a bright yellow helmet on went past going north, followed by about 3/4 other bikes.

Not me mate I got a Black & White helmet & yesterday was one of the few days I've had Off the bike. :)

Back
Top Bottom