Post Your Daily Encounter Pics Here

Soldato
yours for maybe $ 350 000 at a rough guess

Not sure if serious? You can pick stuff like that up for less than $15k

https://classics.autotrader.com/classic-cars/1951/buick/super/100754441

In Mexico, there’s not much of a market for classic cars and most surviving examples no longer have their original engines or have been extensively modified in various ways. If you wanted a useable, fancy looking 50s/60s American car to cruise around town in, you wouldn’t need to pay more than £5k and probably quite a lot less if you weren’t fussy about the model or it’s originality.

Soldato
TEST...........oh i'm not banned !...just from the other thread...I thought that posting of mine was quite funny, mind you, the Northerner jibe was a bit OTT i suppose, Mal X strikes again i dont remain quiet for long do i :D
that toyota was around at roughly the same time as the Hyundai Coupe, i went for the Hyundai because that Toyota was so plain looking and had a very basic interior, it turned out over time that the Hyundai was underpowered, the best car would've been the Mitsubishi FTO or the EVO 6, both of these were way too expensive though.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
You'd hate them or at least not care about them if they werent BMW's though right? :p

Not really - I like them because they are fundamentally well built, excellent cars. Doubtless some of this is because of the BMW influence on them, but it isn't 'because its a BMW'.

Shame the new ones are so ugly. The R56 was the sweet spot in the looks departmeny I think.

I think the new ones look great though the Cooper S has a very fussy looking front bumper. The simplicity of the bumper design on the regular Cooper is nice, though.

Soldato
Been about -4 here all day, plus wind. Screen washer jets freeze near instantly which is annoying.
you cant park for long either or the windscreen will just get snowed over again, and a watering can wont work either because it's freezing instantly..........today has destroyed the wiper blades, they'll need replacing.....
the main roads are ok, just dont go into the New Forest, because here there's no gritting, no curbs, just draining ditches either side so if you cant see where the road goes and you go into a ditch...............man you've had it.

Can't type for toffee
Don
could really take a pic as there were a few people in the street... I did manage a ninja video driveby lol

Looked pretty nice and not a spot of snow on it Im guessing it was just delivered lol

Attachments

• rs5.jpg
    rs5.jpg
    159.4 KB · Views: 52
Soldato
Just saw 2 cars in ditches either side of the road from each other on the way home. Both i30s or similar washing machines, relatively straight bit of road, probably ditch finders on too :p

If it carries on all night I might have to call it tomorrow lol. I don't think even the winter tyres will help much if it gets a lot deeper.

Last edited:

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
^I've been rumbled!

Who says RWD on summer tyres in the snow is a no go?

M40_Snow.gif

Piece of cake.

Soldato
Spotted this beauty in Shell @ Milton Keynes the other night
delorean2.jpg

delorean1.jpg

My 8 year old was shouting "Dad, it's the car from Back to the Future!" and I'm equally excited shouting "I KNOW!!!" :)

It was immaculate, and what made it even better was that the owner told me he'd just got it back from the garage after doing a Chevy LS3 swap into it! :D It's now 480bhp, and has apparently already had all the brakes and suspension upgraded. He gets extra hero points because he also used it as a daily driver for 80,000 miles previously!

Oh, and don't worry, it wasn't broken down, that's just how you fill it up! :p

Back
Top Bottom