Post Your Daily Encounter Pics Here

Caporegime
The standard engine isn't the best... Peugeot-Renault-Volvo V6 which produces 130HP from its 2.85 litres and propels the car to 60MPH in about 9 seconds, topping out at 110MPH. Not exactly a match for its looks! If it was an auto, change that figure to north of 10 seconds.

I say swap it, but keep the original engine so it can be restored to stock if desired.

Soldato
Yea the stock engine was poop even for it's time. They even swapped it out for a Porsche engine in the movies because it was to slow and didn't sound good enough. LS swap makes it better, especially as a daily :p

As long as it's kept standard on the outside...

Associate
Yea the stock engine was poop even for it's time. They even swapped it out for a Porsche engine in the movies because it was to slow and didn't sound good enough. LS swap makes it better, especially as a daily :p

As long as it's kept standard on the outside...

I think they left the original v6 in, but dubbed the sound of a Porsche 928 V8 on to it.

Caporegime
Spotted this beauty in Shell @ Milton Keynes the other night
delorean2.jpg

delorean1.jpg

My 8 year old was shouting "Dad, it's the car from Back to the Future!" and I'm equally excited shouting "I KNOW!!!" :)

It was immaculate, and what made it even better was that the owner told me he'd just got it back from the garage after doing a Chevy LS3 swap into it! :D It's now 480bhp, and has apparently already had all the brakes and suspension upgraded. He gets extra hero points because he also used it as a daily driver for 80,000 miles previously!

Oh, and don't worry, it wasn't broken down, that's just how you fill it up! :p

GREAT SCOTT!

Back
Top Bottom