Post Your Daily Encounter Pics Here

Soldato
The car had a mileage adjustment, to quote the owner in 2016:
In answer to the queries on the 86k mileage, yep I had it adjusted for my company's track days as I really didn't wish our customers driving it seeing an odo with 200k plus on - no matter how tidy the car.

Now the Murcielago is retired from the track and back on the road the accurate mileage of 248,048 is now showing.

Google "High mileage Murcielago" and you'll get a lot of results about this car, the owner is also on PistonHeads and has a thread about it.

Soldato
Just read his thread: https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&f=240&t=1533866&i=80

The car was crashed around 2012(ish) and off the road for repair so low mileage around that period. The car was adjusted to lower mileage for when it was used on track days but when he retired it and used it only for personal use he had it adjusted back to it's correct mileage. There's no great conspiracy, the car was regularly featured in EVO Magazine alongside other places and he's been transparent with it's history, he just didn't want to have customers feeling let down at jumping in a silly mileage car on experience days...

Soldato
Friend of a friend has recently bought a Cayman GT4. Got to meet him today and he offered to take me out for a quick passenger ride. Picture is the one my friend took when they picked it up.

9s3YlZH.jpg

In short, it's ******* amazing and I want one. Never so much as sat in a Porsche before but I know how good their engines are reputed to be. It sounds spectacular and the way it pulls all the way to the redline is sublime. Still smiling :D

Soldato
Ehm is that wrapped? Looks like a blackboard

Yes. That was the only thing I didn't like about it...matt black wrap. It does look better in the flesh and it's well done (I had a nose around the door shuts). But to be honest, you kind of forget about how it looks once you're being driven in it.

Don
No pics but in the space of 2 minutes while driving through Sunningdale I saw:
Mclaren MP4-12C, Bentley Bentayga, Lamborghini Hurracan, Rolls-Royce Dawn, Koenigsegg something, Tesla P90D, Merc SLR, and a whole bunch of Series 3 Land Rovers. No idea what was going on. It's an odd feeling when driving the XJ makes you look like a pauper.

Soldato
No pics but in the space of 2 minutes while driving through Sunningdale I saw:
Mclaren MP4-12C, Bentley Bentayga, Lamborghini Hurracan, Rolls-Royce Dawn, Koenigsegg something, Tesla P90D, Merc SLR, and a whole bunch of Series 3 Land Rovers. No idea what was going on. It's an odd feeling when driving the XJ makes you look like a pauper.

Standard Sunningdale tbh: I used to drink at the Belvedere Arms and virtually every car going past outside was on my "would love to own" list.

Back
Top Bottom