Post Your Daily Encounter Pics Here

Soldato
These two matt black Lambo's parked up in the Mailbox Birmingham yesterday

51756616476_2594b51c8f_b.jpg

Soldato
No pics unfortunately but I just encountered a Chrysler 300C with stuck on Rolls-like grille and Phantom aping lights in the supermarket car park. The guy was there or I would have taken a snap. The diesel rattle on start up was distinctly un-Rolls like. I dread to think how much these mods cost.

Last night I encountered a 90s Supra with Christmas lights stuck to the massive spoiler. It did put a smile on my face TBF.

Man of Honour
I had a bloke come up to me some months back. Think shorts, no top, beer belly and badly spelt tattoos, carrying a beer…

“Nice Merc mate, I’ve got a Bentley”

“Oh lovely cars Bentley, is it the new Coupe they are fantastic?” I venture…

“No it’s the Chrysler 300 but they are in fact a Bentley” said in total seriousness too.

“erm ok…enjoy it” (RUN AWAYYYY)

Is this a thing with said owners?

Soldato
I had a bloke come up to me some months back. Think shorts, no top, beer belly and badly spelt tattoos, carrying a beer…

“No it’s the Chrysler 300 but they are in fact a Bentley” said in total seriousness too.

I hope you drove away quickly :D

I’ve seen the Bentley badges stuck on before but today’s effort really took the prize.

Soldato

See that level of belief would make me question if he was right:p. Although I bet your first thought was had he nicked it:cry:.

Man of Honour
See that level of belief would make me question if he was right:p. Although I bet your first thought was had he nicked it:cry:.
I was concerned he might speak fluent poor’er. He had tattoos (all spelt rong) and no shirt on and at that time I didn’t need any bins emptied or roof tiles grouted so was very nervous. To be fair I was in Rugeley so having no tattoos I was the odd one out….and a shirt, that too made me landed gentry by any local measure. I seem to remember I was wearing CK branded pants too so full on perverted wealth. Gucci belt shopping afterwards as I recall.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I hope you drove away quickly :D

I’ve seen the Bentley badges stuck on before but today’s effort really took the prize.
It is amazing isn’t it. Chap who used to do my satellite install years back had one. He was that bloke we all knew…expert on EVERYTHING but obviously not….well he did know a satellite dish to be fair.

Caporegime
To be fair how Chrysler got away with copying the Bentley is beyond me. And later ones are very well kitted out luxury wise. But it will never be anything but a knocked off Bentley copy albeit for the money, you cant dispute they are bang for buck and does make you wonder where Bentley spent the other £100k.

Caporegime
To be fair how Chrysler got away with copying the Bentley is beyond me. And later ones are very well kitted out luxury wise. But it will never be anything but a knocked off Bentley copy albeit for the money, you cant dispute they are bang for buck and does make you wonder where Bentley spent the other £100k.

Which Chrysler is this exactly?

Man of Honour
Quality, style, brand, history, ownership experience, footballers….ok the last one is rubbish….but the main fact is one has their own estate, one does not live on one.

Caporegime
Which Chrysler is this exactly?

The Chrysler 300 Platinum 5.7L HEMI V8 AWD (or the 6.4l 470bhp SRT later version with sub 5s 0-60 and only slightly slower than the spur))

Looks almost identical to the Flying spur, power is down granted from the Bentleys 500bhp to 363bhp but add the infotainment option to get 8.4" touchscreen, heated and cooled seats, full suite of state of the art dynamic safety gear and the later ones had interior quality almost on par with Audi/BMW with soft touch plastics and leather everywhere with quality buttons. Interior space matches the Bentley as well.

All for 25% of what the Bentley costs.

They are vastly under appreciated cars for bang for buck IMO. Not helped by all the idiots who then stick Bentley badges on them

Last edited:
Caporegime
The Chrysler 300 Platinum 5.7L HEMI V8 AWD (or the 6.4l 470bhp SRT later version with sub 5s 0-60 and only slightly slower than the spur))

Looks almost identical to the Flying spur, power is down granted from the Bentleys 500bhp to 363bhp but add the infotainment option to get 8.4" touchscreen, heated and cooled seats, full suite of state of the art dynamic safety gear and the later ones had interior quality almost on par with Audi/BMW with soft touch plastics and leather everywhere with quality buttons. Interior space matches the Bentley as well.

All for 25% of what the Bentley costs.

They are vastly under appreciated cars for bang for buck IMO. Not helped by all the idiots who then stick Bentley badges on them

A cheap watch costs 2% of the cost of my Rolex, the two products fit on your wrist, tell the time and look like a watch, I fail to get your point.

Scratching the very surface, the quality of the Bentley interior far exceeds that of the 300c, I can slightly understand the exterior confusion from someone who has no idea, ride quality will be night and day better in the Bentley, unable to put a price on exclusivity or brand.

If the 300c was a good car it would have sold en-mass in Europe, it has not, why, doesn't everyone wants a Bentley for only 25%, sounds like the deal of the decade to me, or not.

Associate

Are you the sort of person that thinks the Crossfire is a good car?

Soldato
A cheap watch costs 2% of the cost of my Rolex, the two products fit on your wrist, tell the time and look like a watch, I fail to get your point.

Scratching the very surface, the quality of the Bentley interior far exceeds that of the 300c, I can slightly understand the exterior confusion from someone who has no idea, ride quality will be night and day better in the Bentley, unable to put a price on exclusivity or brand.

If the 300c was a good car it would have sold en-mass in Europe, it has not, why, doesn't everyone wants a Bentley for only 25%, sounds like the deal of the decade to me, or not.
Rolex possibly not the best example here, my smart watch will be more accurate in terms of keeping an accurate time which to me is the most important feature of a watch:p. Obviously (I'd hope anyway), the build quality should be higher but not sure that makes much difference these days.

Caporegime

I know the interior won’t match the Bentley. As for ride quality the 300 has superb ride quality, supposedly one of the best you can get in its class.

the quality isn’t half as bad as you are making out. The car for the price puts a lot of brands to shame.

the reason it didn’t sell well here is very few people want such a large car with a 6.4l V8 that’s will do on,y between 12 - 18 mpg.

So with your analogy it’s more like comparing your £10k Rolex to a £2 Christopher ward or Oris or Tudor.

for me, the Rolex isn’t worth the 5 times the cost of the alternatives either

Soldato
Rolex possibly not the best example here, my smart watch will be more accurate in terms of keeping an accurate time which to me is the most important feature of a watch:p. Obviously (I'd hope anyway), the build quality should be higher but not sure that makes much difference these days.
The difference is, much like the 300c, your smart watch comes with an e-waste recycling bag and has a shelf life of 2-3 years. The Rolex will be going for 50, 60, 70+ years and retain its value along the way.

Man of Honour
But it isn’t a Bentley by any measure. It’s a Chrysler 300 that is not aimed at Bentley owners as an alternative, but aimed at those who can’t stretch to one but like the idea of having something that they can tell everyone is the same car pretty much. I remember my Sat TV chap telling me how it was better than any BMW or Mercedes because he was convinced it was and how he chose it over the Bentley, which he didn’t as his son was clear “you couldn’t afford the Bentley either”. Never work with your son I guess is todays lesson as he’ll destroy your story. :D

Soldato
I know the interior won’t match the Bentley. As for ride quality the 300 has superb ride quality, supposedly one of the best you can get in its class.

the quality isn’t half as bad as you are making out. The car for the price puts a lot of brands to shame.

What class is that then? I imagine a bulk of the ride “quality” is from those balloon tyres which is of course at the expense of other.

Can’t believe someone is defending a 300C :cry::cry::cry:

Back
Top Bottom