Post Your Daily Encounter Pics Here

Associate
Driving yesterday and spotted a Lexus LC500, which I'd never actually seen in person before.

Image from autotrader because dashcam footage from the motorway in the torrential rain doesn't really do it justice.

rWhVCBJ.jpg

Caporegime
You wont see many of them on the road in the Uk. They have only ever sold 446 of all models in the UK.

If it was the top of the range sport+ model then only 172.

If it was one of the 4 limited editions then less than 10 of eachv in the UK.

Soldato
I've seen one at a local B&Q a few times weirdly enough. I assume it's the same one anyway!

Sadly no pic, but i saw one of the most hideous things i've ever seen on the roads the other day. I *think* it was a Porsche Cayenne/Macan, but had some ridiculous wide body kit on and for some reason a prancing horse on the back. Not an actual Ferrari badge, just a prancing horse, but the same style as a Ferrari rather than the Porsche variant. Also had a huge bonnet bulge/vent too.

Even the wife commented on how awful it was, the bizarre thing is that it must've cost a fortune!

Associate
thats a lot for what is a very rare car! I mean there are 1675 Ferrari 458s in the UK so you are 4 times more likely to see one of them than a LC500

You live somewhere posh like Cheshire?
Bit further south, down in Sussex :D
Now u mention it there's a 458 I see quite regular too :D (rich arab$$$$)

Soldato
Cars & Coffee thing in Sawbridgeworth this morning.
HBuldIR.png

Looks like full Veilside kitted MKIV at the back there, yellow headlights would suggest import, dont see many with that full kit anymore, it was all the rage many many years ago then owners started switching back to more subtle stock looks.

Man of Honour
I also tried one for a few days - fantastic car. However, it's not a sports car by any means, more of an S Class Coupe rival.

Surprisingly frugal too for a 5 litre engine.

xPzlsW2.jpg

Caporegime
I also tried one for a few days - fantastic car. However, it's not a sports car by any means, more of an S Class Coupe rival.

Surprisingly frugal too for a 5 litre engine.

xPzlsW2.jpg

To be fair it was always marketed as a GT car. I always saw it as an Aston Martin alternative not a Porsche 911 rival.

Soldato
I've seen one at a local B&Q a few times weirdly enough. I assume it's the same one anyway!

Sadly no pic, but i saw one of the most hideous things i've ever seen on the roads the other day. I *think* it was a Porsche Cayenne/Macan, but had some ridiculous wide body kit on and for some reason a prancing horse on the back. Not an actual Ferrari badge, just a prancing horse, but the same style as a Ferrari rather than the Porsche variant. Also had a huge bonnet bulge/vent too.

Even the wife commented on how awful it was, the bizarre thing is that it must've cost a fortune!

Are you sure it wasn’t a Mustang Mach E?

It would explain the prancing horse bit.

Caporegime
The Lexuses are so expensive. But you get what you pay for unlike some other brands, they don't go wrong.

Not really, not when you compare to its competition. Its a £80k car with superb quality interior, a 10 speed gearbox and a lovely NA v8 engine with 471bhp and a 7300rpm redline. With good looks to boot.

The SL is £5k more (more then £100k if you go SL63 or SL65). The V8 BMW series is £100k.

Granted both are more powerful thanks to their twin turbos on the V8 but I think the LC500 is a highly competitive price.

The Aston Martin DB11 V8 it competes with is £147k. Seems a bargain at £80k

Then you can buy tasty specced used for £62k (although current used market is skewed and so few available will keep used prices high)

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202202092337505

Back
Top Bottom