Post Your Daily Encounter Pics Here

OcUK Staff
It's got a real Lotus Evora side profile which is no bad thing I guess! Terrible paint as already mentioned. Really impressed that it makes your GT3 feel slow, but I guess it is packing over 200 bhp more!

Well it’s got 350HP more and of course been an EV means instant torque at any RPM. Just a real insane feeling of been pushed and pulled at same time and when you change up it feels like it literally leaps forward not sure I like that or not but the car certainly delivers on sensations more than anything else I’ve driven before. Not sure I could drop 300-350k on one mind.

Soldato
*snip*

The most stupidly fast thing I’ve ever driven and surprisingly fun too at low speeds and by some kind of voodoo magic puts 830HP down to the road just via the rear tyres.

The drive home in the GT3 and well I thought GT3 was broken it felt so slow in comparison.

Impressive performance on these it seems but even with the paint aside, I don't think it's got a patch on the looks of the 458, 488 and even F8.

OcUK Staff
Impressive performance on these it seems but even with the paint aside, I don't think it's got a patch on the looks of the 458, 488 and even F8.

To be honest I totally dismissed the 296 because of all the photos I'd seen I just thought what an ugly car. However I then got to see a plain red one in the flesh and actually asked what it was because in person just looks totally different, but agreed the 458 and F8 are much better looking cars, I've never been fond of the 488 myself, front end looks like a fat person sat on bonnet and huge grills.

To drive though the 296 has a lot of playfulness engineered into it which the F8 absolutely lost but the performance is blistering especially considering the gearing is now longer, I really enjoyed driving it but I think after a few months of ownership of one if lucky enough I'd once again find myself missing the 458.

It is a 240k base car, 270k for GTS.
Handling pack is 25k
Fancy paint 20k
Necessary carbon bits 20k
No doubt many other options you probably need.

It is gonna be a 300-350k car, I can see them settling around 250k second hand for well spec cars, so a good 80-120k depreciation over next couple of years potentially, unless Ferrari shut the order books and have not actually sold that many, plus it is the first of this new platform, so there will be special editions no doubt to come unless Ferrari are literally going to stop making combustion/hybrid after 2025?

Looks aside one hell of a machine to drive and it sounds astonishing good on the interior, almost like a muted V12, very welcome surprise and then as another surprise you get turbo flutter and whooshing sounds, it is literally driving like all engine types combined into one engine the way it has huge torque from nothing but then pulls very hard right upto the 8500rpm limiter.

Last edited:
Associate
To be honest I totally dismissed the 296 because of all the photos I'd seen I just thought what an ugly car. However I then got to see a plain red one in the flesh and actually asked what it was because in person just looks totally different, but agreed the 458 and F8 are much better looking cars, I've never been fond of the 488 myself, front end looks like a fat person sat on bonnet and huge grills.

To drive though the 296 has a lot of playfulness engineered into it which the F8 absolutely lost but the performance is blistering especially considering the gearing is now longer, I really enjoyed driving it but I think after a few months of ownership of one if lucky enough I'd once again find myself missing the 458.

It is a 240k base car, 270k for GTS.
Handling pack is 25k
Fancy paint 20k
Necessary carbon bits 20k
No doubt many other options you probably need.

It is gonna be a 300-350k car, I can see them settling around 250k second hand for well spec cars, so a good 80-120k depreciation over next couple of years potentially, unless Ferrari shut the order books and have not actually sold that many, plus it is the first of this new platform, so there will be special editions no doubt to come unless Ferrari are literally going to stop making combustion/hybrid after 2025?

Looks aside one hell of a machine to drive and it sounds astonishing good on the interior, almost like a muted V12, very welcome surprise and then as another surprise you get turbo flutter and whooshing sounds, it is literally driving like all engine types combined into one engine the way it has huge torque from nothing but then pulls very hard right upto the 8500rpm limiter.
As good as the 296 might be, I'd take your 458 any day of the week.

Soldato
E9429808-817A-4C5E-8E21-291DC5CCF6F8.jpeg 17966098-1EFF-4B31-B4EC-EB1907C9B338.jpeg 1A474247-3984-4A09-BA54-FC342B9337EC.jpeg

The most stupidly fast thing I’ve ever driven and surprisingly fun too at low speeds and by some kind of voodoo magic puts 830HP down to the road just via the rear tyres.

The drive home in the GT3 and well I thought GT3 was broken it felt so slow in comparison.
Just saw this heading out of Manchester on the A34. Looks better on the move to be fair.

Soldato
Not 1 but 2 Deloreans at The Motorist on Sunday.

IMG-4575-copy.jpg

Don
It's not often I see a car and have no idea at all what it is. Had to google it.

W3sOAK9.jpg

Also saw a Merc EQS in the same carpark but it had gone by the time I got my phone out of my pocket.

Soldato
You don't see them much as they're always broken down and can't get off drives :cry: . They do sound awesome, especially some of the newer ones, think speed 12 has the big engine in.

Saw a TVR Cerebra today! Not seen one of those in a long long time. Was black, so a bit boring really.
I remember as a kid, seeing one on a Jeremy Clarkson video, racing 911s and what not. It absolutely destroyed them all in the drag race, I wanted one so much! Lol

Speed 12 was more track focused, had to pre warm the oil/engine before starting from what I remember.

OcUK Staff
So had a go in one of these:

AEC1D84D-C341-4C8F-9D1E-12B9B82D9C86.jpeg

3950EB19-73DB-46B2-9DCA-A1483BD93D44.jpeg

McLaren 600LT and it felt quite a step on from a 570S I drove some years ago but hard to compare with such distant test drives, I am now seriously considering a Spider version as gotta always take convertible with a McLaren as the carbon tub means no sacrifice. Beautiful steering, the best of any car I’ve driven, better than my Porsches and Lotus. Even in track mode the car ride quality was great, rode better than most regular cars and this is a sports series and drivetrain on track mode for me drove much better than regular or sport modes which were too nannying. Best sounding McLaren by far I’ve been in, helped be exhaust right behind your head but still sounded woeful compared to anything else I own, but sounds better than Yaris. Performance and delivery of it is good some lag but boost builds nice and strong 3000r onwards and the last 6000-8000rpm is really strong, certainly felt quicker than my 458 and a quick looks at stats would seem to confirm as much with a 0-100mph of 6.1s VS 7.1s for 458, impressive considering it’s geared a little longer compared to 458. Just like the 458 superb visibility and the 600LT
Maybe felt a touch smaller would need to look up specs to confirm.

I think it is certainly good enough that I need to try one, the running cost are a bit eye watering compared to the 458 but I can go in eyes open.

Also went to Tatton Park as well with 458:

EF599C5F-9680-4A7C-A4E6-1A3F91395634.jpeg

AE88D4BD-5D7A-4E87-B228-E1EE9073ADE1.jpeg

Superb turnout, 100’s of cars of great variation including a 600LT Spider in Volcano yellow, perfect spec for me but forgot to grab a photo lol.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
It's not often I see a car and have no idea at all what it is. Had to google it.

W3sOAK9.jpg

Also saw a Merc EQS in the same carpark but it had gone by the time I got my phone out of my pocket.
Saw a few of these in Norway, also had no idea what they were..

Why can't the Chinese design original cars, instead of stealing design cues from established manufacturers? BMW iX? Check. BMW 3 Series rear lights? Check.

Soldato
Saw a few of these in Norway, also had no idea what they were..

Why can't the Chinese design original cars, instead of stealing design cues from established manufacturers? BMW iX? Check. BMW 3 Series rear lights? Check.
The NIO was announced years before the iX so I'm not sure that holds up.

Back
Top Bottom