Postage/Courier companys and "Buisness days"

Zip

Zip

Soldato
WTF dont they work/deliver on weekends yet?:confused:

With the amount of postage and online shopping these days it would be nice if things weren't 5-6 "Business days" and just 5-6 days:p

Surely the companies can afford to put people on weekends now on rotating rosters or weekend pay?:confused:

Caporegime
because they like to charge you extra for it total RIP OFF!

maybe if i was paying for weekend delivery and my package came on a sunday!

Soldato
I do feel a Saturday should be included within the standard delivery days and not warrant a premium price.

Mainly for the reason, the majority of people are home on these days to accept said deliveries.

Associate
Its probably because weekend pay is more expensive and if they did make it available for free than people would start ordering on mon/tues to try and make sure it came on a weekend and so eventually they would need more and more people to work on weekends for the same result.

Just my thoughts.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

You can bet, if they started doing Saturday deliveries as standard it would be chaos.

Everyone would do the weekend delivery option then, as it means they can chill out at home on the weekend, and not worry about someone being at home during the week to accept delivery.

Soldato
Another reason is that Couriers in general are mostly dealing with businesses, while doing some individual pickups and drop-offs along the way. Most businesses won't be open on weekends, Sunday especially, so it doesn't really make sense for them to be operating.

Associate
You get post on Saturdays and you don't have to pay extra for that so couriers should not have premiums prices on Saturdays. They do it because personal purchases are usually wanting delivery on Saturdays due to people working during the week, so they think, we know, people will want stuff Saturday due to convenience so lets charge them more

Caporegime
Supply and demand.

Workers don't want to work weekends, so they demand more pay to supply their work.

You have a particular demand for Saturday deliveries, so you have to pay more for that supply.

alx

alx

Soldato
You can bet, if they started doing Saturday deliveries as standard it would be chaos.

Everyone would do the weekend delivery option then, as it means they can chill out at home on the weekend, and not worry about someone being at home during the week to accept delivery.

For most companies a Saturday would just become like another day of the week surely? You order something, it gets dispatched and if it happens to get delivered on a Saturday then so be it.

I guess you may have the issue if the courier redelivers rather than asking you to pick it up from the depot. Then you're right and most people would pick a Saturday.

Caporegime

i'd wager most people would prefer a thurs/friday delivery so they can sleep in late on satuday morning not worrying about missing a courier

Soldato
surely with the labour market the way it is just now the larger courier companies could get people in at the weekends on standard rates (or switch them to 4on 4off as a lot of places are doing. surely the first company that offers a sunday delivery option as standard would make a fortune. i know it would be my preffered choice for getting something delivered

Soldato
prolly already been said, but cba to read, but it's because a lot of business don't run on a weekend. there's less demand; simple economics. there are less pickups spread over the same distance = more money per collection/drop

B@

Man of Honour
i'd wager most people would prefer a thurs/friday delivery so they can sleep in late on satuday morning not worrying about missing a courier

I'd wager they wouldn't, given that for most people they will be at work and unable to receive their package. What with Mon-Fri being business days and all.

Back
Top Bottom