Posting sweets abroad?

Associate
Anybody ever done this? I plan on sending a good friend of mine in Germany some old classics (wine gums, cadbury's etc) but do I have to buy the packaging myself and wrap it, or could I just go to the post office and tell them to wrap it however which way they feel like it and send it? :o

Can't find anything on any websites but they do seem to sell the supplies, albeit a bit expensive for just some paper with bubblewrap inside!

Permabanned
If wine gums and cadbury's is the latest street slang for smack and crack, then yes, you have a problem. Otherwise, you're probably good to go.

Caporegime
Yep, a few times, but to the US... Just wrap it up in some brown paper or a big bubblewrap bag (but as you say expensive). Brown paper is best...

Soldato
Padded envelope or a cardboard box. Fill it with the sweets. Tape it closed. Write the address it is going on the outside. Take it to the post office. Don't bother sending it recorded. Hope that is simple enough lol

Soldato
1. Wrap the sweets tightly in a condom, swallow the condom (this part may be difficult) and make for the border.

2. Profit???

looking back at OP, please do not take this advice. It is not true.

Soldato
If you got to the Post Office without any packaging, they will sell you a box/envelope, which in the majority of Post Offices is bought at a different counter which sells items, rather than counter service.

They will sometimes sell them at the counter windows, but in my experience, they seem to be quite annoyed at people who turn up at the window with nothing ready, which I think is fair enough when you have a queue of people waiting.

Simply go to the Post Office, buy what you need to post, then use the area provided to pack it all up, then go to the window. Its a lot easier if you are prepared, as that way you aren't wasting money on pens, tape, packaging etc.

One tip I'll give. If it's a large Post Office with a big queue, many tend to allow you to skip the queue entirely at one window if you are sending Special Delivery or Packages to overseas.

Associate
OP
Have you ever, ever, posted anything before? Ever.

What a bemusing thread.

Lots of letters yes, but no packages! Should have rephrased this better, my head was a bit funny that day since I had 7h of lectures :o

The problem with this that it's quite a hefty load (around 4kg) and was wondering about the ridiculous price of which some sites are selling these posting boxes.. the suitable packaging for the size of what I am posting would come to about £12 and no way in hell am I doing that, especially with the postal charges themselves :eek:

Hopefully, post office sells boxes for cheaper :o

Cheers all

Caporegime
Lots of letters yes, but no packages! Should have rephrased this better, my head was a bit funny that day since I had 7h of lectures :o

The problem with this that it's quite a hefty load (around 4kg) and was wondering about the ridiculous price of which some sites are selling these posting boxes.. the suitable packaging for the size of what I am posting would come to about £12 and no way in hell am I doing that, especially with the postal charges themselves :eek:

Hopefully, post office sells boxes for cheaper :o

Cheers all

4kg? Prepared to pay more for post than the sweet's value, even more if you want it tracked.

I once sent something weigh about 2kg to Australia via UPS at the cost of £86!

Back
Top Bottom