Potential scam

box

box

Associate
Had a group of (what seemed like) travellers knock on the door earlier saying they had accidentally 'crashed' their drone in my back garden. I back onto a park so it didn't seem too suspect. Anyway I went and retrieved said drone and handed it back. Didn't hear anything more.

However it got me thinking for a while as it just didn't seem quite right. The drone wasn't 'crashed' in my garden. It was well landed, upright, and with flashing lights etc all functioning so clearly still powered. There was also a nice camera mounted underneath, presumably recording, which I have now just unwittingly shown the contents of my house as I walked back through to my front door.

Thoughts? Overthinking it? Or am I going to come home from work next week to find my TV has been nicked?

Associate
Had a group of (what seemed like) travellers knock on the door earlier saying they had accidentally 'crashed' their drone in my back garden. I back onto a park so it didn't seem too suspect. Anyway I went and retrieved said drone and handed it back. Didn't hear anything more.

However it got me thinking for a while as it just didn't seem quite right. The drone wasn't 'crashed' in my garden. It was well landed, upright, and with flashing lights etc all functioning so clearly still powered. There was also a nice camera mounted underneath, presumably recording, which I have now just unwittingly shown the contents of my house as I walked back through to my front door.

Thoughts? Overthinking it? Or am I going to come home from work next week to find my TV has been nicked?
I doubt they'd need to go to those lengths to know you had a TV :D
Try not to worry. Keep doors and windows locked and speak to the neighbours about it.
Or ask the local police if they have heard of anything similar happening in the area.

Soldato
What you should have done is tell them there was no drone there but flying that close to builds was a criminal offence. Then sold the drone for parts on ebay :p

Permabanned

I would have kept it and told them **** off and called the Police. This is more than a neighbours kid kicking a ball into your garden asking for it back.

Associate
Maybe they were using it to look in peoples gardens backing on to the park to see if there were any open sheds / valuables lying around that they could pop back that night and have away. Perhaps then it did run low on power and land in your garden by mistake.

Associate
So they've filmed the back of your house and you politely carried it through your house filming everything inside whilst they waited at your open front door?

Lol well what else could he do? You can't win. If you tell em to wee off and don't give it back the consequences could be gawd knows what :eek:
Mind you op obviously spotted the camera so I think at the very least you'd cover it so it wasn't filming your house.

Back
Top Bottom