** POTENTIALLY THE BEST GAMING MONITORS YET!! ** Acer 34" Ultra-wides

Soldato
Ok so I think I've found some scan lines, as it's my last day tomorrow before I can return the monitor within 7 days I've done some last minute testing and other than the wake up problem these faint lines are my only problem.

They only appear on the left hand side of the screen not on the right hand side for some reason and I have to be very close to pick them up, perhaps 30/40cm away from the screen, here are some pics, one is taken 20cm away the other 40cm away, as you can see from the second shot you can't seem them anymore. Upping the test to 60FPS they are nearly gone on the left hand side.

Is this problem likely to get worse? I cannot see them in game at all, maybe cause my TX pull over 60fps in everything I've tired.

You may need to change the size you view the pic to see the lines.....

So a little upset I pulled my old 4k out and loaded up a game, It felt like I was playing it on my phone - 28" felt like a massive come down in size, the colours of the TN panel looked shocking, I lost 20FPS straight away to the extra 4k res and I could feel the refresh rate drop as well which is something I didn't think I'd notice.

So all in all I think I'm keeping the X34, I've not noticed the scan lines at any other time or game, it's not like I spend 2 hours a day watching the Nvidia Gsync demo so all in all I'm not bothered.

Edit: Reset has fixed my "back light on in sleep mode" issue, now it takes about 5-10 seconds after windows has shut down the monitor for the backlight to turn off as well. So only one problem now.

Last edited:

Teq

Teq

Associate
Do we have any mods with an idea when this will be back in stock? A rival has suggested 24th November, two days before my birthday which would be great - though I am willing to wait. I am a loyal dog after all ;)

Associate
Ok so I think I've found some scan lines, as it's my last day tomorrow before I can return the monitor within 7 days I've done some last minute testing and other than the wake up problem these faint lines are my only problem.

Those look to be on the same level I've got them.

I'm outside of the "return for any reason" window, but I'm sorta like you. I just played a few hours of Battlefront and am now playing Fallout 4 and not once have I noticed them. They shouldn't be there, and if down the line the issue is fixed I will look into getting a replacement, as I consider it a fault.

Mine personally haven't gotten any worse (I've had mine since October 25th I think) and it's been heavy use, although I should point out I didn't know about them until about a week or so ago.

I would just keep an eye on it. If you're really worried send it back, but for now I'm going to enjoy it as much as I can - which so far has been a lot, and keep my ear to the ground on whether I might get a chance to look into getting it fixed.

I wouldn't be gutted if I couldn't, but I feel out of principle I should.

Soldato
Just been reading a forum with regards scan lines on this monitor, it's not a Gsync problem its when the monitor runs 40/50hz/fps or less, I'll find it and add a link.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1573121/...plays-show-your-images-or-experience-here/370

I find it impossible to get my monitor to produce scan lines in-game, will install TW3 later as this is the hardest game I have to run this year, hopefully if I max it out and down clock my TX to get it to pull 40FPS I might see some and I'll report back, if I can't get scan lines in-game at this point I'll give up worrying about the problem. After all who cares about the NV demo.

Last edited:
Associate
Just been reading a forum with regards scan lines on this monitor, it's not a Gsync problem its when the monitor runs 40/50hz/fps or less, I'll find it and add a link.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1573121/...plays-show-your-images-or-experience-here/370

I find it impossible to get my monitor to produce scan lines in-game, will install TW3 later as this is the hardest game I have to run this year, hopefully if I max it out and down clock my TX to get it to pull 40FPS I might see some and I'll report back, if I can't get scan lines in-game at this point I'll give up worrying about the problem. After all who cares about the NV demo.

I think it's been since proven otherwise. With no Gsync enabled I have no lines at all. Some users report scan lines at 100hz etc. If they don't bother you try not to worry too much about it but I'd just keep an eye out here.

If your lines are like mine the lower your fps go, the more noticeable they'll become.

Soldato
try the settings from the tomshardware review I posted above, it might take a while for your eyes to adjust but it really makes the colours pop

There for the XR34 but I suppose there's no different, will give it a go.

I think it's been since proven otherwise. With no Gsync enabled I have no lines at all. Some users report scan lines at 100hz etc. If they don't bother you try not to worry too much about it but I'd just keep an eye out here.

If your lines are like mine the lower your fps go, the more noticeable they'll become.

Do you notice any lines in games or just the NV test.

Back
Top Bottom