** POTENTIALLY THE BEST GAMING MONITORS YET!! **

Associate
Silicon lottery, now panel/monitor lottery...

I have a nice U3415W, that was already a LG panel lottery, now if I go Acer that will be an AU Optronics lottery.

...but I do want a g-sync 34", 1440. As always, waiting for reviews and the ASUS alternative (which will probably be even more expensive).

Caporegime
Extra special in my view would be 38", curve, 3440x1440 IPS, 1ms, 144hz, G-Sync, HDMI 2.0, but that would be like £1500 ! :D

Hey m8, are the 38" models going to be a future product line do you know? A nice G-Sync one would be the only screen I'd consider replacing this sweet Philips with ;)

Soldato
Silicon lottery, now panel/monitor lottery...

I have a nice U3415W, that was already a LG panel lottery, now if I go Acer that will be an AU Optronics lottery.

...but I do want a g-sync 34", 1440. As always, waiting for reviews and the ASUS alternative (which will probably be even more expensive).

It's the same LG panel in the Acer 34" 21:9 (and likely the upcoming Asus 34" 3800R) as was used in the Dell U3415W. That being the LM340WU2-SSA1 AH-IPS. The 27" 16:9 1440p AHVA (IPS) panel is the AU Optronics one, as seen in the Acer XB270HU and upcoming Asus PG279Q.

Associate
Did they sort the warranty though gibbo or is it still 2yr rtb? That is not good on this price of monitor.3yr onsite is what i would expect for this price.

Soldato
Did they sort the warranty though gibbo or is it still 2yr rtb? That is not good on this price of monitor.3yr onsite is what i would expect for this price.

Unfortunately we don't get what we deserve on such a premium priced product. We get what the manufacturer decides they can afford to give us, which isn't much when it comes to Acer. At the end of the day, if you want a rock solid no quibble on-site warranty and quality after sales support, you simply DO NOT buy an Acer monitor. Unfortunately, if you want an ultrawide 1440p 100Hz G-Sync monitor, you don't have a choice. Unless you wait until the Asus 3800R is released.

Soldato
I think you'd be better waiting for BenQ or Asus, as I've heard Dell likely won't be venturing into high refresh rate or adaptive sync monitors.

Well it will probably only be a matter of time, Dell were the 21:9 trailblazers and they already have a 34" curved 1440p IPS screen that does 75Hz. Even better their premium panel guarantee means you get a replacement monitor if it develops any bright pixels during it's warranty, worth waiting for IMO.

Soldato
...Dell were the 21:9 trailblazers and they already have a 34" curved 1440p IPS screen that does 75Hz...

Where is this monitor?? The U3415W is only 60Hz... unless you win the panel lottery and are able to overclock it, but I've not seen anyone get 75Hz out of one. On the contrary, I've seen plenty of reports of people trying and getting flickering at 61Hz! Besides, there's no G-Sync on the Dell, which does make a difference. Even Freesync would be a great addition. I don't see why they couldn't produce such a monitor, but it doesn't seem to be an area they are that interested in vs the professional sector. Maybe they know just how demanding us gamers are lol! ;)

Associate
Anyone who spends anywhere near £1000 on a Acer product after the last fiasco needs there heads seriously looking at.

Shocking company with shocking Customer support.

Associate
I would be all over this but that other Acer thread and the lack of any response in it from anyone really makes this a no go on the pre-order front. Will wait and see.

Associate
looks good but i wont be changing from my swift until the perfect monitor comes along ie 1440p ips 144hz gsynce and a low response time. although by the time that monitor is made i will probably want to be gaming at 4k

Back
Top Bottom