• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Powercolor 6900XT no box?

Soldato
I just received a 6900XT from another shop, i got lucky seeing one in stock when I got home from work. Anyway it’s just in a anti static bag with no box or labels or anything. For a £1100 graphics card that seems a bit of a joke, or is it because it’s a reference design direct from AMD?

Soldato
I just received a 6900XT from another shop, i got lucky seeing one in stock when I got home from work. Anyway it’s just in a anti static bag with no box or labels or anything. For a £1100 graphics card that seems a bit of a joke, or is it because it’s a reference design direct from AMD?
Nope, i ordered a 6800 before direct from AMD and it came boxed and very well packaged.

The only time i've heard of anything like this happening was from American retailers.

Last edited:
Caporegime
It should definitely have a smart looking box, something's not right there.

Associate
the reference AMD 6900xt card bought from AMD comes in a box and wrapped in mouse pad does it not?

If bought elsewhere it should be in a 6900xt box with Sapphire ,Powercolor,Gigabyte,Asus etc on the box.

If its literally just in a bag then its likely not new or has been pulled from a pre-build for maximum profit.

Soldato
You're not the only one. What's worse is I ordered a Red Devil which was an extra £100 over the MBA, and still received the same non packaged crap as what you described.

Edit: to be clear I received an MBA card not a red devil which i paid for

Last edited:
Soldato
That's sucks mate. After the elation of finding one for it to arrive like that. I'm quite sure the right and sensible thing to do would be to send it back however I personally, would struggle to let go of it. I'd likely go down the suggested try and get some discount refunded route.

Caporegime
Very poor form to receive it like that but given the scarcity of GPUs, I'd still test it and probably keep it if it was indeed working okay.

Having got used to using a 6900 XT now, I'd not want to let it go and go back to less performance. Been a long time since I've been able to max out any game I play.

Soldato
OP
Was it a****n it came from? They do sell returned stock as new for some reason.

Na it wasnt from them, its a shop above Manchester but not as far as preston.

You're not the only one. What's worse is I ordered a Red Devil which was an extra £100 from the MBA, and still received the same non packaged crap as what you described.

Edit: to be clear I received an MBA card not a red devil which i paid for

wow so you got the cheaper card AND not in packaging? Thats even worse! I wonder if it was the same shop...

Back
Top Bottom