• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Powercolor PCS 4900

Associate
I notice overclockers are now out of stock. Does anyone know when they will either be back in stock or PM another place where i can source one from. I wouldn't normally ask but my old card has popped and i am left without my main pc to use.

Caporegime
I notice overclockers are now out of stock. Does anyone know when they will either be back in stock or PM another place where i can source one from. I wouldn't normally ask but my old card has popped and i am left without my main pc to use.

When i phoned this morning they said they 'hope' to get some in by the end of the week. Frankly they didn't sound very sure so i went with the xfx zalman version. I just checked the power colour version and its down as having no eta.

Associate
OP
Can you let me know what that one is like, i did look at it but as there were no reviews i wasn't too sure wether to try it.

Associate
OP
Yeah i did see that but i had an asus 3870x2 which for whatever reason wouldn't run some of my games on-line (namely Spearhead), so i am inclined to steer clear of asus. The powercooler one has received good feedback and is within my pricerange, but with that being out of stock the Zalmon that matt mentioned looks good, but i'd like to hear from him what it is like as there is no feedback.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Can you let me know what that one is like, i did look at it but as there were no reviews i wasn't too sure wether to try it.

Initial impressions are good. Cooler is quiet when compared to ati reference coolers. Idle's at 50c fan speed 30%, under furmark shoots up to 79c with fan speed at 50%.

However i doubt many games will push the temp as high as furmark.

Its good man. ;)

I will add a review on the site after a week or so.

Associate
Yeah i did see that but i had an asus 3870x2 which for whatever reason wouldn't run some of my games on-line (namely Spearhead), so i am inclined to steer clear of asus. The powercooler one has received good feedback and is within my pricerange, but with that being out of stock the Zalmon that matt mentioned looks good, but i'd like to hear from him what it is like as there is no feedback.

Regardless of the brand, there all the same.
From what i've read over the past 6 months i'd stay way clear of powercolor :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom