• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Powercolor x850xt with issues.

TtD

TtD

Associate
Just bought the x850xt off overclockers, and am having issues with it. I'm regularly losing a 1/4 of my screen in the pattern below (lined areas are lost image), in a check pattern, and wondering if its due to a dodgy pipeline. Any help would be appreciated.

Code:
|||    |||   |||                        |||   |||   |||
   |||    |||                              |||   |||

Is a Powerclor x850xt AGP, temps. are 34C idle, 65C full throttle at the GPU, and case temp goes up from 28C to 48C when running for 20mins at full tilt then levels out. It comes and goes, so wondering if its something I seriously need to worry about.

Soldato
Could be some very slightly dodgy RAM on the card. Maybe try underclocking the RAM a few MHz and see if goes away? It does look like a hardware fault tho - you could just bite the bullet and RMA it :(

TtD

TtD

Associate
OP
Have tried underclocking it a bit, to see what kind of reliability it has. Have had no issues so far, but haven't had the time to fully stress it yet.

Associate
Problems with my PowerColor X850XT

Hi Guys,

I have just in the past week started getting a problem on my PowerColor X850XT (AGP). Same problem?

When playing BF2 (just tested with COD 2) I get lots of little blue squares in the checkerboard pattern. Much the same as your diagram except over the whole screen. In a game this results in blocks of colur and striping (?).

Is this the same issue?

Mark.

PS. I ahve a screenshot but not sure how to attach.

Associate
Same problem for me!

I have just returned my second X850XT with the same problem. :mad:
Green checkerd pattern. OC Technician told me it sounds like card memory problems. I hope the replacement card works and these are just a bad batch!
Will let you know the outcome as soon as OC respond to my RMA return.

TtD

TtD

Associate
OP
May have to return mine, is gonna be a hassle though as I have league matches starting in the next week or so :(.

Associate
thought x850xt cards are meant to run @ 540 core
that 1 on overclockers is only a x800xt core speed with overclocked memory
try turning memory down to 1020 see if fixes the problem.

Last edited:
Soldato
Hi TtD,

I think you should rma it.

Try underclocking it to see if it goes away - but if i were you i wouldn't want a card that needed to be underclocked simply to function! My x850's never had any problems and it's clocked to 619mhz on the core and 1192mhz on the memory (it does have an arctic cooler on it to achieve this!).

james32 the standard 850xt's are clocked at 520 on the core it's the 850xt platinum editions that run at 540mhz. Any standard xt should easily reach pe speeds on the standard cooler though. :cool:

The cards that TtD, Sunstealer and White_Knight have simply seem to be from a bad batch and memory is the most likely cause!

Hope you all get it sorted - x850's are great little cards for the money! :D

gt_junkie

Last edited:
Associate
The card is crap. return it,

I did they sent it back saying it was ok.

Sold it on ebay - same on buyers PC, refunded his money got a new rma and returning again to OC.

They say there is nothing wrong with it. 5th card I have read about in these forums being dodgy. OC not very Customer Focused re this one. get an RMA, ask for a refund buy a Nvidia Geforce 6800 GS and overclock it - its suberb.

Powercolor not good with this card , even my m8 who bought his from OC has returned it and got a refund. No idea why they sell them!

Back
Top Bottom