Powered desktop speakers with connections on right speaker

Associate
I am needing a pair of speakers as above but needing all the gubbins on the right speaker and not the left. I can only see sets like the Audioengine A2+ which look super but they are all on the left speaker and would need 2 connections- USB + RCA or minijack or optical/coax so I can use 2 different sources at different times

Any ideas guys? Size up to the A2+ nothing much larger

Associate
OP
Looking at the product installation document on the Stelijes website to connect the power cable to the left speaker but the picture also shows only left speaker out and left speaker in so I have emailed them for definate answer as these could be the boys for the job if so

Associate
OP
Just had a reply and I quote
"Unfortunately we cannot say which side it is on as this depends on where you install it. The speaker with the connections on the back is the active speaker whereas the other is the passive, hope this helps"
Err, not really :D:D

Soldato
Just had a reply and I quote
"Unfortunately we cannot say which side it is on as this depends on where you install it. The speaker with the connections on the back is the active speaker whereas the other is the passive, hope this helps"
Err, not really :D:D

So they don't really know their own product then. :p

The output to the passive speaker is labelled 'left channel out'. That makes the powered speaker the right speaker.

They are correct by saying it depends where you install the speakers; but if the connection is followed as expected, then powered will be the right speaker.

They can be swapped round, but you'd have to use RCA connection in order to swap the channels; either RCA from the source or by connecting 2x 3.5mm to RCA cables together and then just swap left and right channels.

Associate
OP
Marman- I see it as that as well but on the products installation doc, it states to plug the power cable into the left speaker even though the picture agrees with what u said- weel see what happens with it when they arrive next week

Soldato
Yes I saw that. That is most likely a misprint. More likely to get a misprint in a manual than on the product itself; but as you say, we shall we see, one way or another. :)

Soldato
Do these have DAC?

Technically neither have a DAC because they use a digital class D amplifier.

For digital inputs, the NS1 has just Bluetooth. NS3 has optical as well as Bluetooth. Both have analogue inputs; 3.5mm for the NS1, 3.5mm and RCA/phono for the NS3.

NS3 is also a larger speaker; 4" woofers compared to the 3" of the NS1.

Associate
OP
Looks like the online shop I purchased them from is a scam as I have not recevied speakers, they have taken my payment and will not respond to emails. Good job I used paypal so I can get my money back

Associate
Technically neither have a DAC because they use a digital class D amplifier.

For digital inputs, the NS1 has just Bluetooth. NS3 has optical as well as Bluetooth. Both have analogue inputs; 3.5mm for the NS1, 3.5mm and RCA/phono for the NS3.

NS3 is also a larger speaker; 4" woofers compared to the 3" of the NS1.

So I wouldn't need to get rid of my ODAC?

Back
Top Bottom