Pre-built gaming system

Associate
Hi guys,

Looking for a new system want to get a pre built system. I'm looking for a 8700 or 8700k CPU and at least a Gtx 1080 8gb with 16gb ram min and SSD/HD combo. My budget for the system is around 1.5k but can push a little if needed and open to opinions if something is better suited. I'll be adding a monitor at a later date so not required yet.

I've seen a few builds on the site but can't seem to pin point a system. They seem to have PSU which are best suited after researching.

Many thanks in advance

Soldato
welcome, 2 options .

one of their pre-builts or we compile a Build list on here to which OCUK can build for a builders fee (£50-150 odd). Custom list tend to spec the better quality components as well as look nice ( personal taste though)

Guessing its 100& for gaming ?

and 1070ti pretty much has replaced 1080 , if there were the 11Gbps version listed on here then great but they were rare and had short shelf life

Associate
OP
Hi, Thanks for the reply.

hadn't really thought of OCUK building it from a custom list so definitely interested in that option if the components are of better quality.

Yes it will be 100% gaming with streaming on twitch in mind.

I wasn't aware the 1070ti had replaced the 1080 really. I mean the dream would be to have a 1080ti but not sure how much over budget having that card would take me but if not too much then could be an option.

thanks again for the reply

Soldato
not really replaced but once overclocked it can match performance . looking at the price between the two, 90% will take 1070ti over 1080 and use that extra cash for CPU or ram bump .

bit hard to quote Z370 and 8700k personally due to incoming z390 which replaces Z370 and is a true Coffeelake chipset. 10nm node and all inhouse, no external components to handle sata ports etc etc

food for though, £175 over but does include 1440p 144hz freesync screen pared to Vega 64 which is between gtx 1080/70ti in power so would be perfect smooth gameplay

Ryzen 2700x on first gen flagship board with £60 worth of SSD for free

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £1,675.79 (includes shipping: £15.90)

Acer screen can be had for £350 as well​

Last edited:
Associate
OP
thanks for taking the time for that orbital really appreciate it.

I'd really like to stick with intel/Nvidia if I can really. I was planning on getting a 24" 144hz monitor soon after the pc and play at 1080p so I guess that's a factor to take into account but guess the cards im looking at should handle these kind of monitors.

But after seeing your 27" monitor which is 1440p I'm wondering if that could be an option but I assume id struggle to meet 144 fps to take advantage of the 144hz monitor unless I have a 1080ti card.

Soldato
you'd hit over 60hz easily- Monitors will always out last the GPU , specially at 1440p and 144hz+ . so you'll have lots of room to expand. Problem is with 1080p gaming and powerful GPUs, if you upgrade and CPU isn't quick enough- you'll soon have a bottle neck .
So depends on the persons views, I can see a difference between 60hz gaming and 100hz , anything above 100hz till 180hz then i notice next difference - but thats me personally

Sync screens don't have to be purchased, though most have freesync as its free- G-sync is an added cost of £200 for same monitor that is freesync - If you cant drive max frame rates are there are games which have known dips in FPS like assassins creed of BF1 multiplayer were its network coding of pathways on screen, then it helps smooth out the gameplay etc

also need a small river to cool 8700k is you want 4.8ghz+ OC

Back
Top Bottom