Pre-Purchase Pro Evolution Soccer 2018 - Only £54.99

Soldato
OP
PES onling has always been a joke.

All about Master League + mods for me.

I will pick this up and although I am against grey market keys, I cannot justify £55 steam price for £39 DVD with Steam key price.

Well done Konami, you have pushed me towards a the grey market.

Soldato
Which option file is the better one to use for PC ? Ive googled it and come up with about 5 possibilities. I dont ming paying a few quid if i really have to

Soldato
Last years go to option files were pes galaxy and pte patch neither of which are live yet. A few others are, I wouldn't use them for now though. Will wait for pes galaxy as they are my preferred.

Associate
How anyone can pick on the keepers is beyond me. Full game, PC and they are soild. Nothing silly, good saves, not overpowered... will come out if needed, play good angles. All in, keepers are one aspect I dont have any concerns with.

Associate
On the pitch vs AI, PES wins hands down.

Dont play online but FIFA has more modes for that I believe.

I suppose its where you longevity lies. Will you play the AI more? If so, then PES. If its online, id assume FIFA is the go to game due to all the modes and you are not relying on the AI to put up a game.

Associate
Had it a few days, here's my take:

It's EXTREMELY hard on the superstar. My defenders are constantly out of position, easily muscled off the ball, take 2 years to react, are outpaced to everything and seldom win headers.

PES 2017 was hard but once I understood how the AI behaved it became much easier, it's the same every year so it's a question of time...

I absolutely hate the fact that the stats mean nothing again - Salah, Mane, Firmino, Studge, Moreno and Clyne are absolutely worthless, their pace is meaningless as is strength.

Keepers haven't been a problem, I'm lucky if I can get off a shot!

Just FYI, if you play the high press game the AI will knock it about and punish you, so far it seems like standing off is the key.

It's also VERY slow which is good in a way but the lack of speed feels like it applies to EVERYTHING. Passing, sprinting, ball control and cursor changes feel like they take an eternity which is hard work once the CPU decides to play a 25 one-touch passing move meaning you can't get anywhere near the ball.

So far I like it and with kit mods it looks great but I can't win and that's not fun.

Soldato
From the top of my head, the replays were jarring, the grass is horrible and crowds do not look good.
Make sure you have replays set to 60fps. The grass has been designed to look plain from above as thats what is realistic (apparently) the new game engine renders it depending on your perspective. Crowds have always been crap but none of these points is to do with gameplay?

Genuinely interested to hear how people have found it!
Had it a few days, here's my take:

It's EXTREMELY hard on the superstar. My defenders are constantly out of position, easily muscled off the ball, take 2 years to react, are outpaced to everything and seldom win headers.

PES 2017 was hard but once I understood how the AI behaved it became much easier, it's the same every year so it's a question of time...

I absolutely hate the fact that the stats mean nothing again - Salah, Mane, Firmino, Studge, Moreno and Clyne are absolutely worthless, their pace is meaningless as is strength.

Keepers haven't been a problem, I'm lucky if I can get off a shot!

Just FYI, if you play the high press game the AI will knock it about and punish you, so far it seems like standing off is the key.

It's also VERY slow which is good in a way but the lack of speed feels like it applies to EVERYTHING. Passing, sprinting, ball control and cursor changes feel like they take an eternity which is hard work once the CPU decides to play a 25 one-touch passing move meaning you can't get anywhere near the ball.

So far I like it and with kit mods it looks great but I can't win and that's not fun.
Thanks for this, I had a brief play around over the weekend and found it quite tough too, but as you say, takes a while to get used to! Free kicks are back to the old technique which I love, just need to sort out power levels! Holding off has always been a good tactic against COM AI but regarding the pace of the game, try to +1 it in the options, its what I am playing on now and makes it feel much more fluid!

Where did you get the kits patch?

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Make sure you have replays set to 60fps. The grass has been designed to look plain from above as thats what is realistic (apparently) the new game engine renders it depending on your perspective. Crowds have always been crap but none of these points is to do with gameplay?
I had it at 60fps, was still the same. That grass looks anything but realistic.

Just overall as a product I still prefer Fifa 17 myself. Gameplay here is just different. Nothing mind blowing for me personally. But everyone is different.

The last PES I got was 2015 on steam. Will wait and see what they do for 2019. Won't be getting Fifa 18 either. Will stick with Fifa 17 for another year at least. Nothing compelling enough for me to upgrade.

Soldato
Enjoying this, last PES I played was in 2011 I think, and I was pretty good at the Master League back then.

Turned it up to professional yesterday and started with the regular teams (with the average players) and got turned over 3-0 in my first game of the season :eek:

Seems I need to practice a lot more.

Graphics seem good, but I agree with grass just looks like green concrete IMO. Some of the players are great representations of the actual counterpart (Messi, Griezmann etc)but some are just plain awful, Lukaku looks nothing like him.

Can anyone be kind enough in simple terms explain to me Myclub and if it is any better than the Master League?

Soldato
@Rifte
This is my first ever time playing PES and I started the Master League then started MyClub which I think I will stick my time into. I think it is similar to the Fifa Ultimate Team.

With MyTeam you start off with picking a team and it gives you some basic (rubbish) players. You use another team as a template for their team badge and strips etc but you give them your own name.
It does give you a pretty extensive tutorial when you launch it, but you use Game Points (GP) and MyClub Coins to get better players, better manager, extend contracts with players and to restore stamina to your team.
You gain GP and Coins through achievements. They give you GP for everything you do initially but obviously further down the line you need to achieve more extravagant stuff to get the rewards.
To start with you get some scouts and special agents and you use these to get better players. The scouts have a tiered system and you can use a combo of 1,2 or 3 of them at once to narrow down potential signings (each scout has a trait such as "English League Players" or "CF position" so you can combine 2,3 scouts with different traits to get a player you really want).
Special agents much like scouts but give you much better players, you use one a time and the basic one costs 10,000 GP to use. It's basically like opening a card pack, you use the special agent, hit a button and it's like a roullette wheel spinning round and it lands on a bronze, silver, gold or black ball and these relate to the level of player you get..... When you start MyClub you get some specific special agents so you can get some good players straight away, I ended up with Sanchez, Modric, Mascherrano and Usain Bolt very quickly.

You can then play in divisions to rank up which is against other people or you can play in "challenge cup" either against humans or the COM.

Hope this helps a bit. It will all makes sense when you do it. as I say, totally new to PES games and I am playing along happily and understand it all now.

Soldato
@Rifte
This is my first ever time playing PES and I started the Master League then started MyClub which I think I will stick my time into. I think it is similar to the Fifa Ultimate Team.

With MyTeam you start off with picking a team and it gives you some basic (rubbish) players. You use another team as a template for their team badge and strips etc but you give them your own name.
It does give you a pretty extensive tutorial when you launch it, but you use Game Points (GP) and MyClub Coins to get better players, better manager, extend contracts with players and to restore stamina to your team.
You gain GP and Coins through achievements. They give you GP for everything you do initially but obviously further down the line you need to achieve more extravagant stuff to get the rewards.
To start with you get some scouts and special agents and you use these to get better players. The scouts have a tiered system and you can use a combo of 1,2 or 3 of them at once to narrow down potential signings (each scout has a trait such as "English League Players" or "CF position" so you can combine 2,3 scouts with different traits to get a player you really want).
Special agents much like scouts but give you much better players, you use one a time and the basic one costs 10,000 GP to use. It's basically like opening a card pack, you use the special agent, hit a button and it's like a roullette wheel spinning round and it lands on a bronze, silver, gold or black ball and these relate to the level of player you get..... When you start MyClub you get some specific special agents so you can get some good players straight away, I ended up with Sanchez, Modric, Mascherrano and Usain Bolt very quickly.

You can then play in divisions to rank up which is against other people or you can play in "challenge cup" either against humans or the COM.

Hope this helps a bit. It will all makes sense when you do it. as I say, totally new to PES games and I am playing along happily and understand it all now.

Wow thanks buddy for a comprehensive guide! Will give it a go

Back
Top Bottom