PreBuild. Cooler to close to RAM?

Associate
Hi all
Custom build albeit it not from Overclockers. I've noticed the BeQuiet Dark Rock 4 cooler is very close to the ram module. In fact the RAM is touching the fan casing. Is this ok? Would you challenge this?
CPU Ryzen 5900 at around 50 degrees Celcius at idle.
Cheers

Associate
Hi all
Custom build albeit it not from Overclockers. I've noticed the BeQuiet Dark Rock 4 cooler is very close to the ram module. In fact the RAM is touching the fan casing. Is this ok? Would you challenge this?
CPU Ryzen 5900 at around 50 degrees Celcius at idle.
Cheers
It is fine. I wouldn’t challenge it.

Not unless the touching components were causing noise due the fan vibrating against the RAM. And that is because the noise would irritate me.

When considering RAM height vs cooler clearances I immediately think of all the PCs I’ve seen recently and many have either touching components or gaps just wide enough to fit paper in.

Associate
OP
It is fine. I wouldn’t challenge it.

Not unless the touching components were causing noise due the fan vibrating against the RAM. And that is because the noise would irritate me.

When considering RAM height vs cooler clearances I immediately think of all the PCs I’ve seen recently and many have either touching components or gaps just wide enough to fit paper in.
Thanks for taking the time to reply. Needed a bit of reassurance after such a large outlay!

Associate
Thanks for taking the time to reply. Needed a bit of reassurance after such a large outlay!
No problem. You can always mention it in the customer services forum if you are concerned. After all it is your money, so it can’t hurt to voice your concerns. However, as I said, personally I would definitely not be worried about this.

Back
Top Bottom