Prebuilt pc Scimitar overclocked

Associate
Hi I haven't built a pc in years I can do it but honestly I'm out of touch a bit with current stuff and with work etc I don't feel like sitting down and handling it would just rather buy a prebuilt.
I play Turn based strategy games the majority of the time, t(total war)are not hugely demanding but I still want a great pc running at good fps preferably 60fps plus bare minimum at 1920x1200

Currently I have an
I5 4570
Gtx 1070 g1 8gb
Gigabyte h87-hd3
Forgot ram, it's terrible

Currently looking at this pc, don't want to go over £2600 I want to try an amd

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/ocuk...ming-pc-amd-ryzen-2700x-4.0ghz-fs-106-og.html
Any inputs will help I'll buy it outright

Soldato
When thinking of spending £2500+ you definitely want to be looking at Zen 2 (3700x/3800X/3900X) build.

We could compile a Zen 2 build around similar quality components - but Ryzen 3000 orientated - and then you ask OcUK to build it if you're not comfortable doing this yourself (they charge £50 - £100 depending on difficulty of build). You'll then get a bespoke build and no need for overclocking with Zen 2 for superior performance to 2700X - and very possibly cheaper, depending on choices...

If no ones replied (@orbitalwalsh @Danny75) - i'll chuck an example together when i'm around later.

Specify what you want - aesthetically as well as component power and also your monitor model/spec (and if you intend to upgrade the panel in the near future).

Associate
OP
Yeah I was wondering about the new 3700 but couldn't find a prebuilt with it in on oc. Not interested in how it looks fancy lights or cables. Just want the best up to date components in the tower for that price mark. My monitor is this

Asus VS24AHL 24.1-inch
Might upgrade it not sure what my new build will be capable of, I want minimum 60fps on total war at high settings 1920x1200 if it's capable of better I'll upgrade the monitor.

Soldato
Quick input - at £2.5K and the games you play you could include a 27" 1440p monitor into the mix too. I would add that to spec too if you have the room to accommodate the screen size - will be more fitting with your spec and make the upgrade far more enjoyable...

Associate
OP
Quick input - at £2.5K and the games you play you could include a 27" 1440p monitor into the mix too. I would add that to spec too if you have the room to accommodate the screen size - will be more fitting with your spec and make the upgrade far more enjoyable...
Will 1440p still get me 60fps on high graphics?

Soldato
With the PC I linked or the new amd 3700
Very quick mock up for you to compare to linked machine - and only ~£1900 once build cost added (~£60) - so leaves you £600 for a quality monitor.

I added 32Gb as was in your original spec - but unless you need it, 16Gb would suffice.

You could bump up to a 2080 Super for ~£200 more IF you upgraded your monitor - but not essential, and you could up to 3800X/3900X too - but again not required when considering your initial spec. I added 1TB NVMe but would consider another 1TB as you have the budget - and if you need the space. (i chose air cooler as i personally don't like AIOs - but you could swap this out.)

Also, note that it's a RTX 2070 SUPER - not a vanilla 2070 so on a par with the 2080 in your last spec.

*For example purposes only - case is a place holder, pick what you like:

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £1,819.61 (includes shipping: £14.70)

EDIT: Do you need WiFi?​

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Very quick mock up for you to compare to linked machine - and only ~£1900 once build cost added (~£60) - so leaves you £600 for a quality monitor.

I added 32Gb as was in your original spec - but unless you need it, 16Gb would suffice.

You could bump up to a 2080 Super for ~£200 more IF you upgraded your monitor - but not essential, and you could up to 3800X/3900X too - but again not required when considering your initial spec. I added 1TB NVMe but would consider another 1TB as you have the budget - and if you need the space. (i chose air cooler as i personally don't like AIOs - but you could swap this out.)

Also, note that it's a RTX 2070 SUPER - not a vanilla 2070 so on a par with the 2080 in your last spec.

*For example purposes only - case is a place holder, pick what you like:

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £1,819.61 (includes shipping: £14.70)

EDIT: Do you need WiFi?​
This is fabulous. So you have saved me some money towards a monitor too, thanks. Don't need WiFi I'm on wired connection. Will they put the os on the ssd? Yep I'll grab another 1tb for sure. This looks great

Soldato
This is fabulous. So you have saved me some money towards a monitor too, thanks. Don't need WiFi I'm on wired connection. Will they put the os on the ssd?
Yes, they build, install and test for stability and you get a 3 year warranty collect and return warranty. You would need to post the build/request in the CS Forum - but you may want to take time to reflect on spec/case etc...

The above could be tweaked - but the grunt is there even if you were to upgrade to 27" 1440p, which i do advise for immersive/definition experience (as you have the budget).

Associate
OP
Yes, they build, install and test for stability and you get a 3 year warranty collect and return warranty. You would need to post the build/request in the CS Forum - but you may want to take time to reflect on spec/case etc...

The above could be tweaked - but the grunt is there even if you were to upgrade to 27" 1440p, which i do advise for immersive/definition experience (as you have the budget).
Excellent I want this. What's the request in the other request forum for?

Associate
@Plec with regards to build fee, I was just charged £118 for a very similar spec (AIO instead of air cooler).
Not happy tbh but not sure if I was robbed or this is now the norm.

Soldato
@Plec with regards to build fee, I was just charged £118 for a very similar spec (AIO instead of air cooler).
Not happy tbh but not sure if I was robbed or this is now the norm.
My £50-£100 is a rough estimate - they charge on a build by build (component by component) basis - so i'm not qualified to comment on your charge. Although, admittedly an AIO is no harder to fit than a bulky air cooler unless mini-ITX case?..

Excellent I want this. What's the request in the other request forum for?
Customer Services Forum - Pre-Sales Advice.

Link to this thread once you've put together an ideal spec/aesthetic.

Other members - may have suggestions you may prefer.

Soldato
@Chaze - did a quick search on your build, i can only assume costs must have gone up, as that's a very simple build (if you opted for similar build in opening post with no Windows install?)

@orbitalwalsh @Danny75 - have build costs shot up? As we're guestimating wrong looking at Chaze's build cost and his component choice and no Windows install required.

Associate
@Chaze - did a quick search on your build, i can only assume costs must have gone up, as that's a very simple build (if you opted for similar build in opening post with no Windows install?)

@orbitalwalsh @Danny75 - have build costs shot up? As we're guestimating wrong looking at Chaze's build cost and his component choice and no Windows install required.

Final build, no Windows install:
Goods Ordered (prices in GBP)
£74.99 x 1 - Corsair RMx Series RMx650 650W '80 Plus Gold' Modular Power Supply (CP-9020178-UK)
£0.00 x 1 - AMD Ryzen + Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML240P Mirage (Addressable) CPU Cooler Bundle
£114.11 x 1 - Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML240P Mirage (Addressable) AIO CPU Cooler - 240mm
£260.84 x 1 - AMD Ryzen 7 3700X Eight Core 4.4GHz (Socket AM4) Processor - Retail
£152.49 x 1 - Gigabyte X570 GAMING X (AMD AM4) DDR4 X570 Chipset ATX Motherboard
£54.16 x 1 - CoolerMaster MasterBox MB520 RGB Midi Tower Case - Black Tempered Glass
£14.16 x 1 - Cooler Master MasterFan MF120R Addressable RGB Fan - 120mm
£116.66 x 1 - Corsair Force MP510 series 960GB NVMe PCIe M.2 Solid State Drive (CSSD-F960GBMP510)
£395.83 x 1 - Asus GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER Dual EVO OC 8192MB GDDR6 PCI-Express Graphics Card
£112.49 x 1 - Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 PC4-25600C16 3200MHz Dual Channel Kit (CMT16GX4M2C3
Sub-Total: 1295.73
Shipping: 11
VAT: 261.35
Total: 1568.08

Soldato
@Plec

No idea if it's gone up but always imagined they push the fee up for more costly builds, as they stand to lose more if something goes wrong (sure, OcUK should get it sorted with manufacturer but at the end of the day they are liable to the customer not the manufacturer, and there could always be a disagreement between manufacturer and retailer). It's not just the build fee but the support. Just speculation.

Usually I'd spec leaving about £100 in the budget for builds approaching £1000 (or higher), whereas would leave about £50-ish for more budget systems. Or at least... I tried...

Soldato
@Plec

No idea if it's gone up but always imagined they push the fee up for more costly builds, as they stand to lose more if something goes wrong (sure, OcUK should get it sorted with manufacturer but at the end of the day they are liable to the customer not the manufacturer, and there could always be a disagreement between manufacturer and retailer). It's not just the build fee but the support. Just speculation.

Usually I'd spec leaving about £100 in the budget for builds approaching £1000 (or higher), whereas would leave about £50-ish for more budget systems. Or at least... I tried...
Cheers, @Danny75 - the aditional support makes sense - £120 on a paint by numbers build seems a lot, but i'll adjust accordingly.

@Chaze - i would concentrate on the savings you made compared to their pre-built AMD systems (as linked above) - and enjoy your extra speed and 3 year warranty (register your Gigabyte card for 4 years - if you opted for that).

@xcom - your build cost will be similar price - but you'll still be saving a lot of money compared to that dated Scimitar system.

Last edited:
Associate
@Plec Yeah in the grand scheme of things I'm more than happy but you know what it's like when you have an idea of one price and end up paying more.
But I wasn't confident enough to build it myself so that's the price you pay.

Just can't wait for delivery now!
Anyway I didn't mean to hijack the post or anything, just wanted to help/bring attention to possible fee differences :)

Associate
OP
I'm happy with what you put out there for me gonna add another tb might boost up the graphics card too . Great forum thanks

Back
Top Bottom