Preferred pronouns

Soldato
Can I get away with adding 'Attack Helicopter / Sex Chopper' at the end of mine?

Not unless you honestly believed you were an attack helicoper. If you did, you would probably be sectioned. Of course you can identify as anything you like as a joke, but ultimately it's a lie.

Attack helicopers don't breathe, eat, drink or sleep......ones in service are held at RAF bases which require clearance. If you identified as an out of service attack helicopter, you would have to find a field where they are kept to spend the rest of your life.

as I say, holding your breath sat in a field ain't a nice way to go. Once you passed out from a lack of oxygen, your body would start gasping for air and you'd regain consciousness. You'd have to tape your mouth and nose shut first......but you are then attemping suicide and would be put in a mental institution.

Soldato
Not unless you honestly believed you were an attack helicoper. If you did, you would probably be sectioned. Of course you can identify as anything you like as a joke, but ultimately it's a lie.

Attack helicopers don't breathe, eat, drink or sleep......ones in service are held at RAF bases which require clearance. If you identified as an out of service attack helicopter, you would have to find a field where they are kept to spend the rest of your life.

as I say, holding your breath sat in a field ain't a nice way to go. Once you passed out from a lack of oxygen, your body would start gasping for air and you'd regain consciousness. You'd have to tape your mouth and nose shut first......but you are then attemping suicide and would be put in a mental institution.
It is a lonely world but the heart desires what the heart desires.

Soldato

I love the dedication to an actual serious reply to my flippant silly comment :)

Man of Honour

Soldato
Our workplace is ridiculously ******* woke. Most people are pretty normal, but there's a high student/graduate concentration in certain key areas, like the media team, who have company-wide platforms from which to peddle this ******** and force it upon the rest of us.

Fascist! Mysogenist! :D
I'm considering putting those as my pronouns.

Soldato
See this I don't understand, I don't address people using a gender identity to their faces.. And it's pretty clear what gender people are or are trying to be when talking about someone to someone else. It makes zero sense.

Indeed.. It's a solution looking for a problem..

Since gender is fluid, so are their pronouns, effectively I'd have to check every single time I addressed them by gender (which I wouldn't do to their face anyway) which is just ridiculous..

I admit, it irks me that it clutters up places like Linked In, it's not the pronouns, but 100% of the 4000+ connections I have are all normal pronouns for their obvious gender and so it's just unwelcome noise now..

Associate
Back during my first job in my teens I still had a lot of social anxiety and rarely spoke. One of my co workers that didn't speak a word of English decided to start calling me a girl to mock my mutism in whichever language it was that he spoke and I recognized the word as such.

I never complained or anything. If that happened today, how much compensation would I be able to get?

Man of Honour
Our workplace is ridiculously ******* woke. Most people are pretty normal, but there's a high student/graduate concentration in certain key areas, like the media team, who have company-wide platforms from which to peddle this ******** and force it upon the rest of us.

I'm considering putting those as my pronouns.
I've considered putting "Sir / MyLord" but it will get shot down by HR as not one of the "acceptable" pronouns - which would be quite entertaining as I thought the whole point was you should be free to choose your pronoun to make you feel more comfortable and accepted.

Associate
Not sure, you seem rather obsessed with the idea of suing/claiming though. Perhaps a move to America should be on the cards?

Free gibs is free gibs. Tbh I'd be perfectly fine with the person being sacked, but I'd imagine there would have to be a witness or a recording of it, and most co workers wouldn't have understood what he was saying.

Soldato
I may be thick, but why put she/her of they're already female/she /her or is it to do with identifying?

Tbh, it doesn't bother me, I'm more intrigued just so I know!

I know someone who is female, always has been. And they have she/her on the end of their profile.

?

I'd understand if they wanted to be he/him?

It normalises the use of pronouns in such places, which is more inclusive for those whom it may be more helpful to.

Soldato
Frankly i think it's a good thing. I'm not bothered what pronouns you use, but if they're not obvious (he/she) then i'd rather be able to tell rather than assume.

Soldato
I've considered putting "Sir / MyLord" but it will get shot down by HR as not one of the "acceptable" pronouns - which would be quite entertaining as I thought the whole point was you should be free to choose your pronoun to make you feel more comfortable and accepted.

You need to get it accepted first though.

1. Buy a bright pink wig (or dye your hair pink)
2. Get your tongue, nose, cheek, chin, eyebrow, nipple and belly button pierced
3. Put lots of purple and black makeup on
4. Wear torn stockings
5. Make a placard saying "I want to be accepted as Sir/MyLord"
6. Get a load of your friends and march around parliment square for an afternoon
7. If the media interviews you, just argue with them and get all stroppy - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOmDBmd-Xk4

Then you can use "Sir/MyLord"

Don't try and dress up as this guy though as it won't work: https://wagingnonviolence.org/2018/12/meet-the-activist-who-brought-the-monopoly-man-meme-to-life/

Geez....don't you lot know how all this works

Back
Top Bottom