• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

PREPARE YOUR WALLETS: ASUS ROG MATRIX 2080Ti LANDS THIS WEEK!!

Soldato
The PC GPU market isn't make or break for AMD like it is for Nvidia, I donthey have a bunch of other products which they make a lot more from. For literally everything other than Windows gaming, AMD have it sewn up. Plus their CPUs.
so Quadro, Tesla and those pesky Switches dont exist :confused:

Last edited:
Soldato
What would you consider a high end salary that justifies this purchase?

Well personally, I cant justify spending more than 20% out of my monthly sallery on a GPU. So anybody earning £8500 per month can afford to spend £1700 on a GPU to go with their high end TV, high end car and high end watch. That's 1.2 million people in this country alone.

Last edited:
Soldato
so Quadro, Tesla and those pesky Switches dont exist :confused:

Since Apple is going to ditch Nvidia this year and Nvidia's Linux drivers are woefully bad, Quadro will probably go the way of the 20 series. I've never encountered anyone using Tesla, there can't be many out there.

Man of Honour
Rubbish, overpriced waste of a GPU, absolutely killing of PC gaming for enthusiasts. Roll on PS5, XB2X, I'm happy with 100fps @ 1440p in games on both my rigs (vega64 and 1080ti) just no need for this card what so ever. It doesn't just work, quite the opposite Jenson.

It does not do much an ordinary 2080 Ti can't and if you fit a waterblock to a FE card it will outperform the Matrix for a lot less money.

Associate
Lol going by this thread ASUS will be doing well if they manage to sell a couple of these.

I’m still struggling to think of any game/s which would justify such an investment. £1700 on a GPU, £600+ on a monitor then the base unit. £3k just to play the odd occasional decent game seems like an awful lot of money to me.

Asassins Creed Odyssey/Origins, the upcoming Cyberpunk, Kingdom Come, Metro Exodus, Witcher 3. Its an expensive card but you likely don't need to replace it for quite a few years to come. My 2080 still smashes through most games with 100 fps. No need to upgrade for at least a couple of years. The 2080 Ti would have even higher longevity. People don’t seem to realise how fast that card is. You simply don’t need that much power on most games so it’s a novelty purchase if you want those extreme settings with extreme frame rates.

Soldato
Its a all bit bizarre. The average pc gamer isn’t going to splash £1700 on a GPU and since most enthusiasts are now canny enough to know better, I’m not sure who’s left to market this sucker to.

In reply to a few above I’m all up for games looking pretty and running smoothly, but the desire to run everything on max is a misundersting of deminishing returns. If you’re prepared to set a game up properly and optimise a couple of settings, you’ll have a consistent experience without paying a fortune for it.

Soldato
Well the most recent survey was last month and 1060 is still at the top, followed by 1050, 1070 then 9 series cards.

The most popular RTX card is the 2070 and features WAY down at 0.63%. The 2080ti is at 0.25%

As I said in my post, you need to wait 1 year after a product launch to start to get a clear picture due to the way valve surveys PC's

Associate
Despite the price I am sure these will sell - most things seem to get hovered up on ocuk like 1 grand 1080tis. What i can't i understand is who is buying this stuff. Clearly not anyone responding to this post - but would they dare respond given the likely backlash! Some good marketing by gibbo though

It's a high end card for a high end salary. They earnt their position in life and now they have a GPU to enjoy it. I dont see what the problem.

An interesting point of view, how about this one. :)
A flawed card, at a crazy price, for those with more money than sense.
Earned their position in life... lol

Please, who still uses a wallet!

Yup replaced my wallet with a loan shark and the citizens advice hotline years ago. ;)

Soldato
Despite the price I am sure these will sell - most things seem to get hovered up on ocuk like 1 grand 1080tis. What i can't i understand is who is buying this stuff. Clearly not anyone responding to this post - but would they dare respond given the likely backlash! Some good marketing by gibbo though

You could also ask who's buying excotic cars for 3 million pound. I certainly wouldn't, you'd have to be crazy to spend that kind of money on a car. But when you're earning stupid money, why not.

We just need more cards for lower budgets like a 1650 and a 1630 perhaps. Anybody who normally buys an xx80 card can just buy an xx70 this time. It's the people at the bottom end that are going to loose out because there isn't a cheaper car to upgrade to. The people at the bottom end would benefit more from a longer warranty as well. Why is it so much more important to give longer warranties for a £1700 card if money is no object.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom