Pressing middle mouse button during games makes entire screen go black?

Soldato
Currently playing through some PC games I never managed to devote much time to previously. At the moment I'm playing Batman: Arkham City which is rather enjoyable. :D

Some moves involve pressing and holding the middle scroll wheel button on the mouse. However when I do this the monitor screen goes completely black for maybe 3-4 seconds then comes back on as if nothing has happened. Simply clicking the middle button once doesn't seem to have the same effect as far as I can see, its only when I need to hold it down that this incredibly annoying thing happens. I'm guessing its a Windows setting somewhere rather than something 'in game' related. I've looked at my mouse properties and there doesn't seem to be any scope for doing anything with the middle mouse button. It's a Logitech Wave wireless mouse and keyboard set I'm using. I tried installing the Logitech Setpoint drivers to see if that made any difference but it hasn't. So the current drivers are just standard Windows fare. I'm using Windows 8.1.

9HbWOEg.png E60UDQm.png

Any ideas whats causing this 'blacking out' issue folks? I wasn't sure whether to post this in this section or the PC gaming section but because I guessed this is being caused by a Windows setting somewhere I thought it would be better in here. Any assistance appreciated as its somewhat spoiling the game for me!! :)

Associate
What happens if you click and hold in Windows? (Not in a game)

Oh, and when you installed the Logitech driver, what action did you have assigned to the middle button (if any)?

Soldato
OP
What happens if you click and hold in Windows? (Not in a game)

In Windows within folders/on desktop etc - nothing happens as far as I can tell. Within a browser on a website though a little white circle with 4 directional arrows appears. If you then move the mouse up and down the page scrolls. Tried taking a screenshot of it to show the circle with directional arrows within but the screenshots come out without showing it.

Oh, and when you installed the Logitech driver, what action did you have assigned to the middle button (if any)?

I can't actually remember but it may have been 'Document flip'?

Back
Top Bottom