Prezzie From Gigabyte, AB350m Gaming 3 Mobo Only

Soldato
Gigabyte sent me this today, jsut thought id post it if anyone else wants to give it a try, however, flash this at your own risk, the conversation I had with Gigabyte is below:

"Hi, I'm just wondering if you possibly have a further updated bios for this board yet, I am running 16gb (2x8gb) sticks of G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3000mhz CL16 Memory, this will only post at SPD (1.2v 2133mhz) on bios F2, however, I can get it to post and boot at 2933mhz XMP on bios F3C, however its very unstable and fails every stress test I put it through, I was just wondering if there have been any further improvements or updates of the bios yet.

Thanks

Sean"

"Hello,

Our BIOS team is trying to build a special BIOS to mix different agesa code in one BIOS file to get better memory compatibility while CPU feature works correctly.

Please update the attached F3 BIOS."

AB350MGaming3.zip

Soldato
OP
UPDATE: OK, this version of the F3 bios from Gigabyte today shows better improvements, still got my 3.9ghz overclock on the CPU, RAM is currently at 2400mhz (3000mhz G.Skill Kit) and testing fine, so far no crashes and its been nearly 2 hours going, im going to leave it running overnight and will report back tomorrow, very minimal SoC voltage increase, infact only +0.084v, total = 1.008v so tomorrow im going to raise it a bit more and shoot for 2666mhz on the ram.

Anyway, enough babbling, here it is:

http://esupport.gigabyte.com/FileUpload/Answer/2017/3/369114/AB350MGaming3.zip

Associate
f4 bios is running well. I know there was a lot of slagging off with the first few bios's. I could not even get windows to load until i used 1 stick of memory only, when i finally did i updated the bios and used both sticks of mem - everything has been hunky dory since, well happy with my setup :D

Associate
I started a thread on this board elsewhere on this site - silly me, i should have gone to spec savers as I did not see this post which was here before I - Sorry! So I am going to put my findings here :D

Now I would like someone to educate me on this board as i have just jumped ship from Intel to Amd. Little tear in my eye, so good to be back.

What i am confused about are these settings, this is mine and it equates to using cpuz -1.380 at 3.9 MHz

Now things seem to be working OK, but thats pot luck as i do not know in depth what these values are. I have been lucky to a degree, as i have had my computer run at 4.0MHz and pass cinebench and have a validation pic. But vt wise i prefer to keep in the 1.3 bracket

ryzen%20cpuz_zpsxt5te1zd.jpg

Now aida64 had me crashing after 20 mins on 3.9, just need some more tweaking and please do not tell me all about prime for 8hrs bull**** . You get some on sites swear by 24hrs, okay it passes but fails before 48hrs, 96hrs.... what is the point? I only stress for temp values. Mine is a home machine, not a business in any form and IF IT WAS, then I would not be overclocking!

And before I go, the lads at OCUK ,tech team , Thanks for your help especially Nial. This build is sweet and seem to have come up trumps on this board and cpu! I gave a decent review at trusted pilot, an honest and deserved one. Keep the standard up!

Last edited:
Associate
Update - Now running at 4.00 using -I WOULD STILL LIKE SOME EDUCATION ON THESE SETTINGS

DYNAMIC V CORE (DVD) + 0.168

DYNAMIC V CORE SOC (DVID) + 0.168

EXPERIMENT
This fails, cinebench and about 30 sec of aida64 - But I am going to leave this setting as it is. Gonna see if in the real world, my world , if it crashes in apps i use. Doubt if I will ever use 100% cpu usage

Last edited:
Soldato
stock voltage for these chips is generally 1.18v or thereabout, so a dynamic voltage value of +0.168 would equates to about 1.356v. However if you also use AMD Rysen masters app in windows to set voltage then be careful since the voltage you set in rysen app does not overide the dynamic voltage offset in UEFI. So the voltage in Rysen APP + dyn offset = true voltage, I learned this the hardway.

Associate
have changed back to 3.9 using bios, i did not like the AMD Rysen masters app. i prefer using bios only - but thanks for the warning

DYNAMIC V CORE (DVD) + 0.174

DYNAMIC V CORE SOC (DVID) + 0.56

Soldato
Seems few Gaming 3 owners top up VCore by using Ryzen Master on top

just found a way to increase vcore more than bios allows for the GA-AB350-Gaming 3.

You use AMD Ryzen Master software to increase your base VCORE. Then you can get more than the offset allows in bios with it's max off -+0.300V
thumb.gif

New adventures await!

Though I wonder how safe 1.5 volts really is

Seem ryzen master doesn't pic up what is hard locked into Bios voltage setting, so slight increase in Ryzen and then applied tops up board voltage. But of a cross between using HardWare over clock and software

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom