• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Prices creeping back up again? (2021)

Associate
I think it's pretty easy to grasp what I'm saying, yes GPU's are expensive right now, but if you do pay for that initial expense and get on the ladder, provided you sell at the right time you should be able to upgrade on each GPU generation cost effectively, buy high, sell high, if you traditionally like to upgrade regularly this is a viable option, albeit at a high entry cost.

Same hear really Graphic cards are about the only thing i upgrade regular plus i like to do my own benching / testing then rely on review sites which take more of a blanket approach.

Associate
I mean to say, not like they were cheap.

But I have been keeping my eye on prices, seems we have gone to non-existent/sell a child, up until about May, whereby you could get some at extortionate prices with stock alerts etc, this slowy, slowy improved into about August, where you could get AMD 6700 XT's for example £600/£650, but plenty of cards were in stock, granted still way over the odds.

Out of curiosity I have just looked again now and seems prices are up and stock is down?

£900 for a 3070......6700XT's creeping back up to £700.

Tell me I am wrong (please do!) but seems to be going in the wrong direction again? And if so, why?

it will be the new normal for a while

prices in my line of work have been going up month on month

and now we are getting europe wide shortages of products again especially semi conductors and if the haulage industry is not getting parts everyone prices will go up

Permabanned
it will be the new normal for a while

prices in my line of work have been going up month on month

and now we are getting europe wide shortages of products again especially semi conductors and if the haulage industry is not getting parts everyone prices will go up

The government have caused big inflation, prices every where have gone up and surpassed wage increases, so GPUs will no doubt will be more expensive now without the current situation issues.

Associate
think we had a perfect double wammy in August is all. Eth crashed and a huge shipment of LHR 60TI's hit the market at RRP (must have been manufacturer mandated ). we're due to get another huge shipment of gpu's to the UK in a few weeks if we go by previous patterns, however if Eth is still climbing by then, then most will be scooped by miners anyway, as the LHR is 70% cracked and there is whispers of higher percentage unlocks over the horizon, making it so they're willing to take the plunge.

Soldato
I think AMD will offer rebates so retailers can meet MSRP during launch day without making a loss. That's what I think happened with the XT.

There must be a reason why they could afford those prices for such a limited time.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I think AMD will offer rebates so retailers can meet MSRP during launch day without making a loss. That's what I think happened with the XT.

There must be a reason why they could afford those prices for such a limited time.

Before the 6600 xt there were reports that it was launching in huge volume and that AMD was offering incentives for MSRP, but board partners only had a limited stock at those prices (I think they sold out in the first few days). After that, there was good stock so prices didn't go up much, for quite some time.

I've heard nothing about the stock situation for this launch.

Soldato
OP
Nvidia and AMD graphics cards prices are getting worse, now 83% over MSRP

https://www.techspot.com/news/91675-nvidia-amd-graphics-cards-prices-getting-worse-now.html

Yup that article, the bar chart of prices pretty much what I had in my head.

Concerning because I cannot see GPUs going back to normal anytime soon, I reckon it'll be years now, something needs to happen, I dunno Intel stepping in and putting some decent competition etc. Otherwise I cannot see an end anytime soon, and things in the short term including next year, getting worse.

Back
Top Bottom