Pro Cycling Discussion 2022

Soldato
OP
Giro starting today, always a good race with unpredictable racing and weather! Yates and Carapaz are the two favourites but the Giro doesn't often follow the script! Hopefully Cav will show his quality and get a few stage wins and put his name in the hat for Le Tour.

Soldato
OP
Cav proving once again he's the best sprinter. Thought he'd gone too early, but that sprint kept on going.

And Pidcock absolutely bossed the MTB XC Today, pulled away on 3 of 6 laps and just grew the gap lap by lap. Great to hear him so confident in his goals of winning worlds.

Soldato
OP
If girmay can sort out his positioning he'll be winning a few stages in future! Last 2 sprints he's picked the wrong wheel and got boxed in or out and still somehow come 4th or 5th!

Soldato
OP
Forgot how useless eurosport are at highlights. Watching yesterdays little hour got down to 7km to go, goes to a break, come back and it's back to 40km, thought it was a display mistake on the counter but oh no its just replaying previous section. Goes to next break and down to 7km. Hope the discovery investment allows them to buy some useful directors/editors so they do a highlights package like itv do for the big races! Rather than just show the last hour /45mins.

Hoping for a big day today with some proper gc action.

Soldato
OP
In theory it should be the same thing, but someone in eurosport messed something up. Big day today really narrowed down the leaders. Shame to see Yates drop out of contention after looking good so far. Landa vs carapaz for me, but hope bardet can keep it going.

Soldato
OP
Mvdp full on thrash just had nothing against girmays slow Cadence drag. That lad has some power. Good to see he did what I said and got his position right, he's been sprinting well the whole race and can see him picking up the ciclamino Jersey with the way he's consistent finishing. Hopefully gives him some more confidence going forward too.

The Cork pop was unfortunately hilarious though!

Soldato
OP
yeah bit stupid really, just briefing the riders beforehand is probably enough or dont make them do the whole unwrapping thing. Hopefully it will allow him rest for TdF

Soldato
It may have been Lopez that it happened to previously, and tbf I don't think it was anything he did, it looked like the bottle was already prepped. (Unless he'd removed the wrap earlier?) I'm sure the cork popped out as he bent down to pick it up... I've not seen Girmay's one though.

Soldato
It may have been Lopez that it happened to previously, and tbf I don't think it was anything he did, it looked like the bottle was already prepped. (Unless he'd removed the wrap earlier?) I'm sure the cork popped out as he bent down to pick it up... I've not seen Girmay's one though.

Girmay was standing directly above the bottle whilst he was unwinding the wire cap when the bottle was on the ground. Pretty daft really as it doesnt take much thought to not stand directly over the bottle when you are unwrapping it knowing these things are potentially under high pressure. Shame hes out of the race because of it

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom