Probably a nooby question ...but i gotta know ?!?!?

Associate
Hi peeps,

Its time to flush out my loop , i gotta RMA my mobo so i thought why not flush it out , at the same time. As your probably aware distilled water is as rare as rocking horse poop. Is it safe to flush the system with deionised? im going to be refilling it with a premixed coloured liquid so the deionised is purely for flushing ??

Soldato
5 litres of distilled is £15 on fleabay, so it's silly money for just flushing.

I was originally going to leak test with tap water, flush with DI and then run with distilled + additives, but now I'll probably just get a premix clear in to save faffing. Nowhere near tubing up yet, let alone working out my water requirements :p

Associate
OP
As i said , i dont really wanna spend too much as its just for flushing , i just dont want the deionised to leave anything behind in the loop

Man of Honour
As i said , i dont really wanna spend too much as its just for flushing , i just dont want the deionised to leave anything behind in the loop

It won't. I used to use de-ionised water and Primochill Liquid Utopia as the coolant in my loop and never had any problems. That was including a 2.5 year stretch that the loop ran between drains as well. You can get Carplan de-ionised water in the likes of Asda for as little as £1.25 for 2.5lt. I use it for flushing after using Mayhems Blitz kits these days. While the loop is drained take your blocks apart and give them a good clean as well.

Back
Top Bottom