Problem/s with ROG Keyboard .

Soldato
I got one I of these delivered today and it didn't seemed to power on. I left it in my PC and lit up for a couple of seconds updated Amoury then went off again, I went through the same thing a couple of more times, tried a spare mini usb cable and then tried it in my g/f's PC, same. Got a replacement coming on Friday, but has anyone come across this as well?

Soldato
Fair enough. New one arrived yesterday, which was promptly dropped while the courier was handing it to me, so I thought there was no way on earth this one would work either. It's working fine though, and I'm really pleased with it. :)

Soldato
I have one of the first batch of claymore cores, and I'm astounded as to how poor quality the keycaps are on what was nearly £150 of keyboard. I've had keys just falling off in game, and looking at the underside of the keycaps it's not hard to figure out why. Traditional cherry keycaps have a plastic cylinder in each corner to strengthen then, and the post in the centre is a robust cylinder. The asus ones have thinner walls, no corner reinforcement and a cross shape post in the centre which breaks off easily. Both of the CM storm TKL keyboards have had more robust keycaps. I think my only way forward now is to replace all of them which means losing the backlight effect. Poor show asus.

Soldato
Isn't that why they stopped production for a few months to resolve that? It disappeared from most shops then a v2 arrived.
Possibly, I heard there was a rev 2 but haven't found much info about it yet. The keys have only recently started breaking.

Edit: Looking at the forums, most complaints seem to be about certain keys double pressing rather than the keycaps being fragile.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom