Problem Starting Honda CBR125 (2006)

Soldato
Just passed CBT today so... trying to get my damn Honda CBR125 started... doing my head in (not ran since before Xmas), think a new spark plug may be needed. Basically it'll fire and thr spark looks like a decent spark when I took it out, cleaned it off with very light sand paper... took tank off, checked all the fuel lines as nothing was getting to the spark... sprayed some easy start... however, put back on, the spark smells of fuel now so I know fuel is getting there... it's fired once, hit 5000rpm, then died as I didn't catch it in time.

So, my theory now I've plugged it back together, if there's fuel getting through... then it's the spark... gap seems quite large on it.

Will pick one up tomorrow me thinks... not sure where from near Chester on a Bank Holiday Monday though, wanna get out on this this week.

Question though, the fuel filter leads into the frame... wtf is that about? Why is it NOT inline with the fuel delivery to the carb? Sorry for ignorance here, I'm a car person!

Associate
Posted in your other thread too but ill put it here as well.

Pop into Hein gericke if you have one near you, they should be open 10-4 tomorrow. Get yourself a spark plug needed and also some fuel system clean.
The fuel system clean will take any gunk out that will have accumulated from it being sat around.

Soldato
I doubt that there is anything wrong with the plug.

Try starting with the choke off if it refuses to start with it on. Stale fuel won't help.

Soldato
My ybr125 was having similar issues, so i banged it in for a service as im not mechanically minded. Mine turned out to need a new spark plug, some fuel enhancer (had stale fuel) and a little top up of newer fuel.

Back
Top Bottom