1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with NZXT X52 backplate with Aorus Z390 Master; and Fitting Integrated I/O shield

Discussion in 'New to PC gaming & upgrade advice' started by DazedAndConfused, Mar 27, 2019.

1. DazedAndConfused

Associate

Building first ever PC. I have two problems.

The first is fitting the backplate for the NZXT X52 Cooler to an Aorus Z390 Master. I am aware of other reported issues (eg not tightening the standoffs enough), but this seems to be different.
    Once the backplate is positioned on rear of the motherboard, the 4 feet stick out about 2mm on the front side of the motherboard. Even if the standoffs are screwed all the way down to the feet, there is still this 2mm of movement. Is this normal? How should I rectify this?

The second is fitting the integrated I/O shield into the Corsair Obsidian 500D SE. Is this supposed to 'click' into the case and does is merely sit behind it? Looking at it, it appears as though the tabs on the I/O shield need to pass through the tabs on the case.

2. orbitalwalsh

Capodecina

Any washers in the kit ?

Also the IO should line up , normally I shoe horn mine in and get the board mounted . Some cases are better with pre mounted then others

3. ExRayTed

Underboss

There should be a rubber gasket that sits between the backplate and the motherboard

4. freddie64

Wise Guy

Think the backplate should tighten up once the pump head is installed.