1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems with Antec HCG Gold 850W PSU & Asus GTX 970 Strix

Discussion in 'Power Supplies' started by crazybee, Dec 3, 2018.

1. crazybee

Associate

Hi there folks I have just built myself a new rig with the Antec HCG GOLD 850W 80 PLUS GOLD MODULAR POWER SUPPLY which has compatibility issues with my Asus GTX 970 Strix display card. I've read in other forum posts that this above PSU is based on the Seasonic plus it describes my issues exactly that I have seen.

https://knowledge.seasonic.com/article/20-focus-plus-and-gpu-potential-compatibility-issues

Can you recommend another brand of PSU atleast 850W or above that won't have compatibility issues with my display card?

2. tamzzy

Soldato

why do you need such a large psu in the first place? :confused::confused::confused:

3. crazybee

Associate

Will be getting a 2080Ti and VR in future so want to have at the very least 850 PSU to power it all

4. tamzzy

Soldato

you only need 650w PSU for a single gpu system...
    750w if you're desperate. hell, i ran dual 7990s (ie 4 7970s) with a full custom loop using a 650w psu

5. crazybee

Associate

From what I've researched 2080Ti & VR headsets are power hungry. I'd rather have too much power than not enough and have issues down the road