Problems with built in sound card Windows 10 pro

Associate
Problems with built in sound card Windows 10 pro where only 2 speakers and sometimes SubWoofer works but other two speakers not working. Was All working Great when Windows 7 was being used. I hate 10.

Will a separate sound card be better with my Speakers/Subwoofer are old Cambridge SoundWorks. As i said works great in Win7. Microrubbish updates messed the sound up.

I don't need an Expensive one, a up to £80 or less would suffice.
Many Thanks

Soldato
Common theme; M$ messing up sound in Windows 10.

Have you tried installing the drivers from the motherboard manufacturers site again?

Windows 10 has a habit of overriding perfectly working drivers when there is an update with something that doesn't work.

If that doesn't help, then a sound card may do. I'm not sure though whether the issue is to do with drivers specifically, or something with Windows 10 that will happen whatever the audio hardware is; whether it be motherboard audio or a sound card.

Associate
A Win10 update over-wrote my Asus Realtek driver with some MS garbage and that disabled my sound output (mostly, broken sound and pops etc,). Reinstalling the drivers from Asus cured the problem. Then I went into Group Policy and disabled automatic updates of all drivers - I'll choose when to update them thanks.

Associate
OP
Why the Heck does win10 keep login me out of all my forums...Grrrr. I sorted it out now by deleting, deleting deleting and installing drivers. What a pain win10 is. Give me win7 anyday.
Thanks for trying to help..:)

Back
Top Bottom