Professional Bike Fitting - Thoughts and opinion's

Associate
After recent long distance cycles, I feel like I need a professional bike fitting , but have found out it's more expensive than I thought.

I've found a £350 service at www.cyclefit.com
But also a service that comes to you for about £140-180
https://foundation.fit
Should I consider something else/someone else,? What are your thoughts/,experiences,
Thank you

Soldato
Best money I ever spent.

Look for recommendations from your local cycling clubs. Everyone down here recommends Vankru which is where I went and could probably do with going back to as it's been 4 years since my original fit but my learnings from this has led to some small adjustment in fit over the last few years as I've got stronger, but in the main I still use the main fundamentals set out in that session. I don't remember a situation in the last 4 years where I've had significant issues apart from when I've fallen out of position due to making too many adjustments on my TT bike.

Associate
OP
Best money I ever spent.

Look for recommendations from your local cycling clubs. Everyone down here recommends Vankru which is where I went and could probably do with going back to as it's been 4 years since my original fit but my learnings from this has led to some small adjustment in fit over the last few years as I've got stronger, but in the main I still use the main fundamentals set out in that session. I don't remember a situation in the last 4 years where I've had significant issues apart from when I've fallen out of position due to making too many adjustments on my TT bike.
Not past of a cycle club, I'm more on a lone wolf haha, or possibly anti social, but only 25, can't seem to find that many enthusiastic people in my age group, but I'm planning cycle to Switzerland' next year and just want to make no mistakes

Soldato
Not past of a cycle club, I'm more on a lone wolf haha, or possibly anti social, but only 25, can't seem to find that many enthusiastic people in my age group, but I'm planning cycle to Switzerland' next year and just want to make no mistakes

Yes, but you have local clubs, so ask around. Unless you get someone who lives near you on here our recommendations could be pointless.

Soldato
I went for one based on many recommendations from my club and the guy was absolutely amazing. It sounds corny, but I felt like the bike was an extension of my body afterwards. £350 seems proper excessive though. The guy I go to is £120 and has done fits for the likes of Fabian Cancellara

Soldato
I've been meaning to have one done for the last 2 yrs. I just cant get my feet feeling right. I think I currently have the seat slightly high and the cleats need to come out and turn outwards more, but that's just from feel. I really need a pro to measure. Everyone that has it done I know highly recommends it.

Associate
I’m looking into getting one early next year as I have a new TT bike and would like to get it setup properly before spending too much time on it.

I’ve been looking at ones around the £110-120 mark.

Soldato
I paid about 290 from memory 4.5 years ago for 2 bikes. This included some cleats stem and a few other bits. I was in the fitting for just under 5 hours total. I spent 45 mins at the beginning were spent off the bike going through my history and doing various measurements and analysis on my overall body strength.

Soldato
If Cyclefit are the ones based out of Trek dealerships these days then I would strongly advise you to save your money. I will happily provide more details but I came away from their fit in more pain than when I went in and got the sense the guy was not listening to anything I was saying. I tried to follow up with them about a refund and got nothing other than the offer to come in for another session. Err, no thanks.

Associate
OP
If Cyclefit are the ones based out of Trek dealerships these days then I would strongly advise you to save your money. I will happily provide more details but I came away from their fit in more pain than when I went in and got the sense the guy was not listening to anything I was saying. I tried to follow up with them about a refund and got nothing other than the offer to come in for another session. Err, no thanks.
Yeah, I think I'll go with my £180 service that is mobile and comes to you, seems convient and brilliant reviews

Associate
I haven't done it but if I did I would go to BW cycling in Bristol...maybe will this winter for the MTB.

Back
Top Bottom