program to play blue ray discs

Associate
Simply as title.
have the player but nothing that I have will play them WMP needs a codec as it is all garbled, nero wants to upgrade to 9 which I think is expensive just to play discs, VLC no way.
Have player everything up to now but am in bother this time.

Thanks in advance

Associate
have the player but nothing that I have will play them WMP needs a codec as it is all garbled, nero wants to upgrade to 9 which I think is expensive just to play discs, VLC no way.
Have player everything up to now but am in bother this time.

Did you not get the software when you got the drive, I did. When I bought the LG Blu-ray R/W Rom drive, I got cyberlink power dvd free with the drive. To buy the software is very dear to buy, ther Cyberlink Ultra version 9, and Corel Win DVD Pro 2010, both will set you back nearly £80.

Last edited:
Soldato
you only usually get the software with the retail boxes of hardware. if you buy OEM you tend to get just the drive and nothing else

Total Media Theatre gets good praise off people, but again costs just like PowerDVD and WinDVD do

Associate
Maybe another route would be to install eg shark007 codecs which will allow media player classic play a *.ts file.
ffdshow would be better, but even if you do that, you would need to use anydvd to decrypt the disc. There are free alternatives to anydvd, like makemkv. Unfortunately, they don't decrypt on the fly, you have to rip the movie to your hard disc, then watch it.

Back
Top Bottom