1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Progression in racing games (possible rose tinted content)

Discussion in 'Console Games & Hardware' started by lordrobs, Dec 28, 2018.

1. VincentHanna

Capodecina

I wouldn't say they have gone down the pan, but a cursory glance at achievements definitely tells you a lot about gamers habits.

1/5 players who booted up Forza Horizon 4 didn't even complete the opening races to start the game properly

2. almoststew1990

Mobster

The MSR comments made me dig out my copy. It hasn't aged as well as you're all remembering :p

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The handling is very heavy, insensitive and vague. It is hard to tell when the car is at its limits and you're about to spin out - it just snaps (and this is in a lowly MX5!). This would be fine if it didn't punish you for contact with other cars and walls. You can't re-do races without losing the points you've already earned (grinding, but with the added risk that you won't actually get a better score than the previous run). The Kudos system is just not as good as simply winning money through simple 1st 2nd 3rd place racing.

Graphics are nice though! Especially on VGA.

I still want to play some more though...

3. cheesyboy

Capodecina

I still want to know how to get the fast purple version of the concept car in the original Gran Turismo. I gold medalled everything in that game, including all the driving tests, yet my useless mate had the fast concept car and I didn't :mad:

4. ak22

Soldato

Im sure i got that car as reward but it was diffrent colour

5. cheesyboy

Capodecina

You get the orange one, from the game showroom, for passing, or gold medalling or something (I forget) the B licence. But it's low on horsepower and slow - he had a purple one which was really fast.