Project Diamond Black: 100% Complete AT LAST!! - Tons of Pictures

Soldato
OP
£80 for bright chrome and polished chrome. Bright chrome is unpolished but still chrome just not a proper mirror finish. Some of the internal parts are bright chromed. The chrome you can see on the outside is all polished.

Associate
thats quite cheap i was expecting it to be a hell of a lot more than that...was thinking of getting my yy cube chromed...would probably cost a bit more..like twice as much :)

Soldato
OP
Thought id throw up some recent temps aswell. Remember that my radiator is quite small and is not positioned in the best place, so airflow is limited but still gave some respectable results.

That was also the highest overclock I could manage with this chip. A 1ghz overclock isnt bad at all for a £40 chip;)

stock.gif

overclocked.gif

GT3

GT3

Soldato
Originally posted by MrSingh
:p

Wont get anything more out of it if I put it higher, unless you give me your chip;)

Tried a 2500 barton and two 3000 bartons, neither of them matched it for performance, and the new FX-51 chips are far too expensive so don't really getting rid of the old beast yet :)

HAz

HAz

Soldato
Ive just read the whole thred, and i got to put it to ya m8, thats a fine case u got there. Very well done, i was wondering why u didnt water cool your graphics card tho? any ways i think your case realy is stunning

Associate
Gurdas, what's with the name change?

I just wanted to ask you if you had the dimensions of that Aqua Res and the mounting plate. Also, you may have already mentioned this but how difficult is it to convert the res to 1/2"?

Cheers

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Originally posted by Lord Kordir
Gurdas, what's with the name change?

I just wanted to ask you if you had the dimensions of that Aqua Res and the mounting plate. Also, you may have already mentioned this but how difficult is it to convert the res to 1/2"?

Cheers

Mounting plate is 100mmx100mm the actual tube is 80x80x80mm.

As for converting it to 1/2", my dad got it done at work. I think they drilled it slightly to big as I would have prefered closer fit with the actual barb thread, I used some O rings on the barbs. So its not very difficult really, just make sure you get someone who knows what they are doing to do it properly.

Associate
Thanks for the info Gurdas. Can I also ask, what order are the watercooling components connected? I can't see everything from the photos. I want to have the same layout (except the HDD cooler) in an CM 210 case.

Cheers

Soldato
OP
Originally posted by Lord Kordir
Thanks for the info Gurdas. Can I also ask, what order are the watercooling components connected? I can't see everything from the photos. I want to have the same layout (except the HDD cooler) in an CM 210 case.

Cheers

Its pretty complex, ill get a drawing done up.

Wise Guy
Soldato
Just went throught his thread, from a case modders point of view, i am stunned, it is as near perfect as you could get with a case imo :)

From a watercooler point of view, tut utu, you've upset the flow through the LRWW (but not like it's effecting temps much tbh) and you need to get rid of them bubbles.

Great work man, have a stroke of a fluffy pussy :)

Spike.JPG

Aww, sho shoft an fwuffy:D

Back
Top Bottom