Project GODUS kick starter - Peter Molyneux

Soldato
Peter Molyneux = George Lucas.

Surrounded by brilliant people who weren't afraid of their ego initially. Made some really great products and then thought they were God's gift and churned out mediocre plop for the rest of their career.

22 Cans has lots of good people on board, I just hope they can keep Pete in check.

Associate
Was about to buy until I heard about micro-transactions being involved, despite Molyneux's explicit guarantee that there wouldn't be. People are up in arms about it in the backers' and Steam discussion boards too.

Associate
I was excited early on having played populous when I was young, but it just didn't look good in early release, hopefully it will improve.

Associate
So has this thing gone dark or what's happened to it?

As far as I'm aware the story so far is:

1) Kickstarter succeeded (I was a backer)
2) They launched early access on Steam
3) The game wasn't so great, and was essentially a click-fest (cow-clicker style) in the guise of something that looks like it should play similarly to Populous or B&W (but doesn't).
4) Hopefully they're now improving the game? Last I heard they were making quite a few changes, I still hope it turns out good in the end.

Soldato
As far as I'm aware the story so far is:

1) Kickstarter succeeded (I was a backer)
2) They launched early access on Steam
3) The game wasn't so great, and was essentially a click-fest (cow-clicker style) in the guise of something that looks like it should play similarly to Populous or B&W (but doesn't).
4) Hopefully they're now improving the game? Last I heard they were making quite a few changes, I still hope it turns out good in the end.

This ^^
I regret backing it :(

Banished is MUCH better and only £12.50 on the devs website

Associate
This has been released on iOS for free (with some really awful pay to play stuff)? 22Cans have used a publisher which they promised not to?

Seems PC backers have been fleeced by Peter Molyneux :(

Soldato
Yup only difference is that on IOS you can buy gems to speed up game progress. Very disappointed tbh.

Game itself is one my 3 year old daughter likes but personally I think it's made for tablet, should never have been on PC in it's current form and the KS campaign is rather misleading imo :(

Associate
Hang on, didn't Molyneux criticise EA's mobile version of Dungeon Keeper for having micro transactions to speed up the game? And a few months later he does exactly the same thing :eek:

Oh well at least we now know that Molyneux only cares about cash and nothing else. It's so depressing cos of how fondly I remember Dungeon Keeper, Populous, Magic Carpet, Theme Hospital, et al.

Soldato
Was a big fan of populous etc. jumped in and purchased the early access, and its a total click fest, rubbish and nothing like populous and serves me right for not checking into something before buying..

Last early access game I brought - utter garbage on PC. Smartphone or tablet game that shouldn't have been on steam at all IMO in its current form.

Caporegime
I think it has potential, it's barely half done and it's already miles better than it was at first release. I think a lot of people forget that it's alpha and start comparing it to final release games.

Back
Top Bottom