Project: Hush! - updated 26/12/23

Soldato
No, he's taken a case and extensively modded it around the mobo tray. Its almost as if the only thing left of the orignal case *is* the mobo tray! That's pretty extensive modding.

Associate
Wow Monkey Puzzle, this has come along a good bit since I last checked in, it's looking awesome m8, the end result should be truly amazing :cool:, this is very high in my current favorites for this year, incredible function with form, keep it up :).

Soldato
OP
heh, chilled water is probably a bad idea unless using a thermostat to ensure the water stays above the dewpoint as it'd drip all over the components

Wow Monkey Puzzle, this has come along a good bit since I last checked in, it's looking awesome m8, the end result should be truly amazing :cool:, this is very high in my current favorites for this year, incredible function with form, keep it up :).

cheers waynio!

how long before we see the finished work?

truly a great build :)

hmm... Not sure on finish date as i can only work on it at my folks' place, so work is limited to occasional weekends etc. I plan to take a week of leave and try andd complete it but that's probably too optimistic as there's all kinds of little odds and ends to do still: 20 or so holes to drill and tap to attach the aluminium uprights to the copper back wall, a slit for the laptop slot-loading dvd drive in the front, two holes for the black 19mm diameter vandal resistant switches, an aluminium shroud for the psu to sit on securely, a means of soft mounting the dvd drive. Hdd and ssd, a secure method of attaching the castors, and cutting holes and maybe a fancy stealthing flap covering a usb/firewire/jack panel, holes and maybe a thin rail for the mobo tray to sit on and crosslink the front and back panels....

And then when all that's done polishing the aluminium, then anodising or dark nickel plating and glueing in the panels with epoxy!

Amazing work, very clever stuff and great precision engineering! I really look forward to seeing the result as the work you put into it is fantastic!

thanks for the compliments gundog and acidhell!

Though completing it will likely still take a while I plan to get a 9 day lot of work done on it within the month when I'll put the components and waterloop set up to test temps. :)

Associate
This is a nice piece of engineering Monkeypuzzle and hats off to you for taking the time to do this. I love when people think outside the box to solve various scenarios with PC's and this is one of those for sure.

I Look forward to more progress

Well done

Soldato
OP
DSCF3330.jpg

DSCF3328.jpg

DSCF3326.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
I take it you've worked out a novel way to fill it, what with no res before the pump? You just going to fill it via that top plug and hope for the best :)

Back
Top Bottom