Project: ケイ - Watercooled Threadripper

Kei

Kei

Soldato
OP
Some of the new bits and pieces are here, so i will get one with sorting the necessary sleeving out and then fit them. There's been a muck up with one of my orders as the pcie extension i ordered was an 8 pin and i've received a 6 pin. (not OCUK this time) It'll be a shame to resleeve the silverstone extension as it looks like a quality item. I'm liking the look of the OCUK mouse mat, been using that cutting mat and a very old fellows mat for a very long time.

Last edited:

Kei

Kei

Soldato
OP
Fans are all now sleeved ready to go in.

These are the hellermannTyton sleeves that I use instead of heatshrink. They are stretched using a special tool and then slide off over the join contracting like heatshrink would. (only real reason why i'm using them is that i already owned plenty and the necessary tool as i use them for making A/V cables)

Soldato
May I ask what tubing, coolant and LEDs you use to get that effect?

I'm clueless with watercooling and buying in dribs and drabs for my wc upgrade.

Was thinking this:

Mayhems Ultra Pure H20 Watercooling Fluid 1L
XSPC HighFlex Hose 7/16" ID, 5/8" OD, 15.9/11.1mm Clear/UV
Blue LEDS?? what LEDs?

I want a blue glow to my comp and coolant, as the P8Z77-V Pro is a blue board:
asus_p8z77v_pro.jpg

Cheers!

Kei

Kei

Soldato
OP
My tubing is XSPC HighFlex 7/16"Clear/UV like you are looking at. The fluid i'm using is ordinary distilled water and about 15% ethylene glycol based antifreeze added. (which gives it the green colour) The blue LED i'm using came with the xspc reservoir. For blue fluid, the best i've seen is the one in Ash's 650D build.

Kei

Kei

Soldato
OP
Liking the OCUK xxl mat.

Gentle typhoons now fitted, just got the enermax 140 to sort out inside the TX650. (which i'll be starting in a minute as the fan just arrived)

Black fan guards to replace the gold/chrome ones i was using.

Kei

Kei

Soldato
OP
The enermax T.B silence fan has now been fitted inside the TX650 in place of the yate loon D14BH-12. First switch on was an epiphany moment. Namely, OMFG, at last i have silence. I've gone from an average noise level of 54dB down to 35dB. Just got to sort out this 8 pin pcie extension, fix the enermax fan controller and finish the sleeving and it'll be finished until it gets a new cpu and motherboard.

Kei

Kei

Soldato
OP
Now have the new ALPS potentiometers for my enermax fan controller, which i will sort out later this afternoon. The shaft length is slightly shorter but it doesn't make any difference.

Kei

Kei

Soldato
OP
New pots now fitted. (I did the two, took photo inbetween)
IMG_1414_zps4c5a2793.jpg

I finally sleeved all of the cables for the fan controller and then rebuilt it.
IMG_1417_zpsef234374.jpg

IMG_1430_zps013d6889.jpg

The 8 pin pcie extension arrived today so I'm just starting to strip the black sleeving off and replace it with my colour scheme.
IMG_1434_zps74000510.jpg

Kei

Kei

Soldato
OP
Braiding them all yourself is definitely not fun, but the looks are worth it. (just)

I managed to re-sleeve 6 of the eight pins of the extension before my pin extraction tool decided to snap. :(
IMG_1435_zpsc9b93c65.jpg

Caporegime
That looks amazing. It has earned a place in my "PC Design Inspiration" folder :D

I'm considering waiting until I have a different GPU before I do my loop, so that I can W/C it. There isnt much point watercooling my 660 cos it runs below 60, is quiet, and cant be overclocked further.

Kei

Kei

Soldato
OP
Done some tidying to the cables at the back, not super neat like some as i don't have the necessary tie down locations. The un-sleeved cables on the right will be disappearing once i get a window panel sorted as they are the fan speed reducers for the side panel fans. I could also do with some shorter sata cables too as the ones i have are about 2x longer than they need to be.
CRW_5590_zpsa8d03f6e.jpg

I can also understand why the aluminium cases were so popular, this thing weighs in at a whopping 21KG. It's no wonder I've been struggling to shift it about under my desk. One thing i have found funny is that my colour scheme of blue and green represents the opposition. (Intel & nVidia)

Future upgrade path for this pc will be a steamroller or excavator based cpu along with a suitable motherboard and either an GTX8xx or HD99xx card. Hopefully the cpu and motherboard will follow the usual amd trend of being good value for money. The gfx card choice will be highly dependant on the prices as the present trend for high end cards isn't looking all that pleasant considering my usual maximum budget of £250.

Soldato
this build looks really nice. have you thought about modding the side panel so that there is a window in it, so that you can see the masterpiece inside. It seems such a shame to do all that cable braiding and not be able to see it.

Kei

Kei

Soldato
OP
Will be getting the genuine coolermaster window panel at some point. (same as this one) Shame it has a fan mount in it though, but I'm definitely not chopping up the standard panel as i'd end up making a mess. Might see what i can do to replace the acrylic though.

Caporegime
I can also understand why the aluminium cases were so popular, this thing weighs in at a whopping 21KG. It's no wonder I've been struggling to shift it about under my desk. One thing i have found funny is that my colour scheme of blue and green represents the opposition. (Intel & nVidia)

My system weighs a-lot as well, i'm not sure how it compares to the weight of yours, but mine will be getting even heavier soon once I have fitted another HDD and a watercooling loop :rolleyes:

And I wouldn't call them 'opposition', more 'superiors'. :D (just kidding, I like AMD. If they step up their game I may get an AMD system next time :eek:)

Back
Top Bottom