[Project Black hole] - CaseLabs TH10A

Soldato
2022 Update to Project Black Hole

J5XWa9u.png

Welcome to my build :)

Background
Last year when I visited the OcUK HQ I was given a tour of the facility I was lucky enough to get a sneak peek at the first 8Pack System, now the Supernova. That was my first time seeing a CaseLabs case in person and I knew then I would have to have one!

With my current system being over 2 years old now (3960X, GTX 680 3-Way SLI) it is due for an upgrade and with X99 and Maxwell cards on the horizon I thought I would do things right this time and have the case and cooling system well sorted before the hardware arrives.

So this build will be inspired by the 8Pack Systems and if it looks like I am trying to copy them a bit, well I am :D

I started off with the idea of doing one big loop but have since changed my mind and will be doing two separate loops, for aesthetics with different coolent colours and I will only have to drain half of it to change something.

The colour scheme I am going for is all black with purple and blue coolants and matching MDPC braided power cables.

I am open to suggestions with the remaining TBD parts of the Cooling system and am open to sponsorship if any manufacturer thinks they would like to see their products used in this system. :)

Planned Hardware:
Intel Haswell-E Core i7-5960X
Asus X99-E WS Motherboard
G.Skill Ripjaws 4 3000MHz 15-15-15 16GB
3x Nvidia GTX Titan X
Corsair AX1500i
Samsung 1TB SSD 850 PRO

Cooling
Dedicated GPU and CPU/Mobo Water Cooling Loops
Aqua Computer Aquaero 6 XT
16x Noiseblocker eLoop B12-3 fans
2x Aqua Computer D5 Aquabus Pumps with Aqualis pump top Adapters
2x Aqua Computer Aqualis 450ml Reservoirs - Glass with Nano coating
2x Aqua Computer Flow Meters
4x XSPC RX480 V3 Radiators
EK Supremacy EVO Nickel Plexi I2/J3
EK FC Titan X Nickel Plexi
EK FC Bridge Triple Serial Plexi
Bitspower Matte Black 7/16 Fittings
PrimoChill Advanced LRT 7/16 Clear
Coolant: Mayhems Pastel with Mayhems Dye

Links to main log updates as I go:
1. CaseLabs TH10A Assembly
2. Aquaero 6 XT Heat Sink & Bezel
3. Painting bits and mounting Aqualis combos
4. Making Radiator Fan Harnesses
5. Radiator Cleaning with Mayhems Blitz Pro Kit
6. Filter, Fan and Rad Mounting
7. Full Custom Corsair AX1500i Cables by James at Pexon PCs
8. Blocks Arrive
9. Hardware in the house!
10. A few more bits ;)
11. It's alive!
12. Block and Tubes = Watercooling
13. Project Black hole 2022 Update!

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
CaseLabs TH10A Assembly

Every part was wrapped in thick plastic and the box was full of packing materials to protect everything.
Very impressive service from CaseLabs and anyone who is on the fence about ordering one should do it!

31J8FFi.jpg

I actually made a small mistake early on which I didn't realise until doing the front switches and then had to go back and sort it out.
10 Points if anyone notices what it is :p

Central divider attached to the Lower Panel

6lNVlrn.jpg

Then attach the Upper Panel

I5BtZmI.jpg

Front Panel next

ABVkKkC.jpg

And the Rear Panel

rmZIMDi.jpg

I opted to use the rubber feet and not casters due to desk height and not wanting the top of the case too close to the underside of my desk.

hMHuzyq.jpg

Starting to have something that looks like a case now!

VbGrBxm.jpg

Lovely removable motherboard tray! Also comes with some extra feet to use as a test bed outside the case!

pcMewuu.jpg

Checking the fit and adjusting the slide rails

6MjabNg.jpg

Front Panel Switches, USB 3.0 and Audio ports going in.
Not bad braided cables but I will probably redo the switch contacts and braid the other cables I use to match.

bW1jojb.jpg

Plate to hide them from the window side

Pf6fDK1.jpg

Hinge points for the doors are beefy!

IthYWKM.jpg

Doors are on and motherboard tray area is looking great!

wrILD8L.jpg

Top quality acrylic window, I will leave the protection on until the project is finished.

ce24yOS.jpg

Pretty much finished, HDD cage and other mounting bits will be done later.

yuZ7OBF.jpg

Going to get some dust covers for the USB and Audio ports to tidy them up a bit.

UwnW71o.jpg

Associate
I think you might regret not going for castors, it'll weigh quite a lot once you've assembled the whole system and filled it. Having a castor base built for my Primo build was best thing I did as its damn heavy.

Anyway I love you components list and the case looks awesome, so I'm subbed and I really look forward to watching this one, its gonna be beast ! Enjoy...

Soldato
OP
Yes very happy with it!

As for the castors, I measured and it will be too tight a fit for where I want it.

The case is only 14kg, I think the finished build with water will be around the 40kg mark so still easy enough to move about and once it is in position that shouldn't be too much.

Associate
Yes very happy with it!

As for the castors, I measured and it will be too tight a fit for where I want it.

The case is only 14kg, I think the finished build with water will be around the 40kg mark so still easy enough to move about and once it is in position that shouldn't be too much.

Aye, I binned my castors - easy to move around as it's quite light :)

I will get back to both of you at the end of the year and see if that's still true :D

Associate
looking good so far, i love how case manufacturers are just going above and beyond these days, I thought Lian-li build quality and packaging was good but those case labs boys go all out! lol Subbed ;)

Back
Top Bottom